update Flash Player 12 and chrome has problem

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows auto Update Flash Player 12

and google chrome seems doesn't work
my os is XP 32bit
after update i can't watch youtube (just only black)
otherway same only black screen BUT HAVE VOICE
and I reinstall google chrome and flash player 12 didn't work
what should I do sir
------------
BTW here is some information from chrome

Adobe Flash Player - 版本: 12.0.0.41

Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0

名稱:Shockwave Flash

說明:Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0

版本:12.0.0.41

位置:C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\32.0.1700.76\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll

類型:PPAPI (獨立程序)

停用

MIME 類型:
MIME 類型說明副檔名
application/x-shockwave-flashShockwave Flash
.swf
application/futuresplashFutureSplash Player
.spl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the same problem too after i updated to version 12. my laptop is windows 7 64bit but it not only affected my chrome browser but all my browsers. i was unable to watch any videos online with flash content. even youtube was out i had to do a system restore and i have no plans to update to version 12 until version 13 is released lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wacki wrote:

i had the same problem too after i updated to version 12. my laptop is windows 7 64bit but it not only affected my chrome browser but all my browsers. i was unable to watch any videos online with flash content. even youtube was out i had to do a system restore and i have no plans to update to version 12 until version 13 is released lol

FWIW, YouTube has finished converting ALL of their videos to HTML5, which requires NO plug-in... at all.

If you have NO Flash Player installed on your system, your browser (as long as it's newer than IE8 or Firefox 17) can play YouTube videos.

If you're unable to view HTML5 video, your problems are way beyond Flash Player, or Chrome... which has a "proprietary" build, modified and embedded by Google, but isn't required to view YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had a problem playing youtube videos or any other video stream until i installed the new flash player 12. it was the last program i installed 4 days ago and when i did a system restore,effectively downgrading it, i was able to stream videos again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still, it has nothing to do with HTML5 video, which YouTube is now.

MP4, WebM, OGG and M4V are formatted for ALL YouTube videos which, as I stated, will play in ANY browser newer than 2009 without any plug-ins at all.

HTML5 video will play on a system with NO Flash Player, and NO shockwave. I've tested it on Vista, 7 & 8, as well as OS 10.7, 10.8 & 10.9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then can you explain why i was unable to stream videos after i installed flash player version 12?, i understand that youtube uses html 5 now but flash player 12 still negatively affected my browsers and downgrading it returned it to normal.

what you should understand from this is that downgrading helped me, so its doesnt matter if youtube uses html 5, flash version 12 still somehow negatively affected the streaming process. and i did try to deactivate the plugin in my chrome browser but it still didnt work, the videos still refused to even load or play which was why i had to resort to system restore and downgrading flash to ver 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About 9,999 times out of 10,000 it's a plug-in conflict, or an OS setting (hardware acceleration, or corrupted driver) that causes streaming problems.

I've got 10 systems and 8 are purely for testing. They ALL have the latest Flash Player, the latest Shockwave, and the latest browsers. And NONE have streaming problems, with the ecxeption of IE11 in my Win 7 machine, but that can be attributed entirely to the screwed up User-Agent Strings in IE11, which is a Microsoft problem, and the latest reason I refuse to use IE.

My guess is that the system restore also reverted something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In firefox at least, same problem (not playing video), you need to deactivate the plugin to play the video in htlm5. As some sites need the flash player deactivate the plugin is not a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2014 Feb 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I got the same issue. i just clear browsing data and reset chrome browser (Menu-> settings -> show advance setting -> reset browser settings). its working perfect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines