• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do you publish a projection ( .exe and macos projection) on flash cc. It seems impossible !!!!!!

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you publish a projection ( .exe and macos projection) on flash cc. It seems impossible !!!!!!!!!! it's making me mad !!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Hi,

I've uploaded a new cross-platform Projector Exporter, that allows you to export as .exe or .app on both Widows and Mac.

http://nipunasthana.wordpress.com/projectorforflashcc/

Let me know if you still face any issues.

-Nipun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

correct, publishing for a projector has been removed from flash cc.

if you want to request it be re-added, https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  This feature exclusion renders my CC upgrade for Flash completely useless. I've submitted a request for reimplimentation - PLEASE READD THIS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use flash cs6 for publish projector files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works for now, but when CC is updated past CS6 that wont be possible. Adobe needs to put this back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as long as they allow cs6 to be activated, you're ok.  as long as they allow cs6 to be downloaded, future cc subscribers are ok.

i don't know adobe's future plans for either but, as of today, they've been pretty good about allowing users of older software to (re)download old software versions and they've been more than generous allowing users to activate all adobe (and even macromedia) older software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Adobe doesn't know it yet, but yes, there are people, with computers that doesn't have flash player installed and they wont install it just because I ask them to do so.

What they were thinking!? It's beyond me to imagine what drive them to delete such feature. Knowing that almost no one want flash on the web, desktop was the only platform were people still love flash, and they remove the avilitiy to export to desktop platforms?

wow.

I hope this "feature" come back, jumping to Flash CC seems really backwards

• Doesn't have auto formating for coding with it existed since Flash CS3, maybe a lot before than that.

• Can't export as .exe and .app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some or all these features will probably appear in future flash versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2013 Oct 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add myself to the discomfort. Right now I have a client who can't install Flash Player on it's computer, and now I can't just send her the .exe file, as I've been doing for years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have a subscription for flash cc, you have a subscription for flash cs6 and can still publish an exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, at least that's an option. Thanks, how do I download Flash CS6? Tried on the Adobe site, but will I be charged if I hit the Buy option? By the way, I still believe that having the feature back on CC is a better solution, hope you agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should see Flash Professional CS6 in the Creative cloud applciation for installation. else you can also navigate to https://creative.adobe.com/products/flash and click on the version dropdown as shown below and then click on download button.

app.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(i agree.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also published to .exe file in previous versions of Flash, but experience a lack of this option now in CC.

But under the "Publish settings" you can target the file to "air for desktop" and the in Air settings window you can choose output as "windows installer" which makes an exe file.

Whe the exe.-file is opened, you will innstall the air-app with its own icon. A little more complicated than earlier, but final result is nice, I think. (you can also air for android or ios for instance in same way - and there you have an app on your phone).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2013 Dec 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. While this might be helpful for some, it won't work for me, since I cannot export as .exe from a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've uploaded a new cross-platform Projector Exporter, that allows you to export as .exe or .app on both Widows and Mac.

Let me know if you still face any issues.

-Nipun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded and installed the new projector tools and it seems to work fine on the PC EXE from the Mac platform. I have also made the Mac EXE and they run fine on the Mac that I made them on. However when I take the Mac version to on older Mac (running 10.5.8 and Flash 10.3.20) the Exe crashes. Not much of anything in the crash log. I have backed the Flash version down to 10.3 and set it to run in 32 bit mode, but the same result. Any ideas? Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I haven't had a chance to try it out on a Mac prior to 10.7. If you're trying to export it from a Mac prior to 10.7, it may not work as Flash Pro itself is not supported on them. If you're just trying to run the exported projector on a previous Mac, I'll need to check. Can you PM me your projector and the exact steps that you're following, leading to the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have tracked down the overall issue. It seems to play on any Mac running a version of flash that is higher than 10.3. Anything less than 10.3 it will crash. I have some older hardware that we have been keeping alive and those systems will not upgrade past 10.5.3 OS so they will also not take some of the newer tools.

If I play these on any OS that is at 10.6 + everything seems to be fine.

Does that make sense? Or is this just coincidental?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only just come across this latest feature stripping game Adobe are playing.

Please give us a choice Adobe and stop taking away tools that we use!! Also makes me mad sparrowatelier!

Feature request form filled in, lets hope enough people do it so we get this option back.

It's such a useful tool to be able to publish a quick .exe or .app

The projectors also have the benefit of going full screen without the interface showing, unlike the .Air App. I'm sure you can script this within Flash CC but it's just another hoop to jump through. The .Air app also wanted to install software, something a lot of clients have no control over because of their IT departments who stop them from installing/updating software.

Edit: After opening the Flash CC file in Flash CS6 I had a popup memory error that said that there was not enough memory to process the ActionScript 3.0 scripts. After some trial and error it seems to only like to target Flash Player 9. It then processed fine. If you get a error message about changing the memory allocation try targetting FP9 first!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

While we are looking at getting Projector support as part of a future Flash Pro CC update, here is an extension that allows you to export projectors from Flash CC for now.

For more information on this extension and the download link, please check below:

Kindly get back if you face any difficulties with the extension.

Thanks,

Nipun Asthana

Flash Pro Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but it would be helpful to export as .exe from a Mac. The person who actually needs the Projector file has a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems Adobe has an extension that should correct this problem

https://www.adobeexchange.com/store/products/1641#.U0Zdmfl_vh4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

, the right link to an extension that permit export a Flash anim as a projector is this : https://workspaces.acrobat.com/app.html#d=2k6XGRAOVUqeSlrPCW5SAw

(i asked it by Twitter at Adobe Exchange because the link on the website is broken).

Hope this will help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meybeck,

Yes, that's the first version of the same extension that we tried to share through Adobe exchange. But due to some changes going on with the Exchange website, Flash Pro's extensions are not accessible through it temporarily. Hence we had to share it externally.

You can find the latest version of Projector extension here:

You shall also have this available within Flash Pro itself, in the upcoming update shortly!

-Nipun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines