• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge CC hangs/freezes with AE animation presets.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone else have the issue of Bridge CC hanging/freezing when an AE animation preset is selected in Bridge?  This happens whether I Browse Presets from AE or I attempt to navigate to the presets folder directly through Bridge CC.

I have uninstalled and re-installed both programs, with no success.  I can still apply an animation preset to a layer from the presets panel in AE, but of course there is no preview, so this is a bit frustrating.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I'm having the same issue, any time I try to preview any AE effect in Bridge CC it just freezes. But as you say, applying the effects in AE works fine. OS X 10.8.5 here.

ETA: I did go through the Bridge troubleshooting steps, they had no effect. I also tried quitting f.lux (since it affects video settings), also no love.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that I am also using current update to Mac OS X (10.8.5), which comes with the latest QuickTime (as I've read that the Bridge previews depend on this).  Also, I have practically the same set-up on my home computer (different iMac model, though), and there is no difficulty there.

BTW--Bridge CS6 doesn't hang when browsing the presets, but there is no animation so that really doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No experience with AE but if one set up does work and the other not it is likely the problem of that one set up.

Uninstall and reinstall without using Adobe cleaner tool is rarely solving problems because existing prefs and cache often keeps the same.

The central cache is by default installed in the user library caches folder. When in real trouble I always manual delete this cache file, together with the Bridge plist file and restart Bridge holdong down option key and reset prefs.

This provides an almost new install with factory defaults.

Be aware that per OSX 10.7 the user library is hidden, use menu Go with option to reveal)

User / library / caches / Adobe/ Bridge CC : inhere a plug in and a folder called cache. Drag both outside the user library (trash or back up)

User / library / preferences / com.adobe.Bridge6.plist (drag to the trash)

restart Bridge holding down option and choose refresh prefs, then try again.

You need to reset your custom settings and sometimes reset the custom workspace and since you dumped the cache it first needs time to recache your content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and it had no effect but thank you for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an update today for Bridge (said "Bug fixes") and it seems to have resolved the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was an update today for Bridge

?? Current version here is 6.0.1.6 and not sure when but it was a little while ago (4 weeks?) the last update appeared.

Which version do you have at the moment (just out of curiosity because I have no message of an update yet)

BTW, glad your problem is solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is now 6.0.1.6. Not sure what version it was at before to be honest; in the several days since I started the demo of AE (maybe 5 days ago) it never tried to update until this afternoon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eh, I saw this and hoped....to no avail.  I, too, got the update a few days ago (6.0.1.6), but still have the same issues.

Having a sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have any luck solving this problem?

I'm running the latest versions of After Effects and Bridge CC on a 2009 Macbook Pro, OSX 10.8.5 and having the exact same problem. It's super frustrating because I'm doing some tutorials to try and improve my AE skills, I was psyched to learn about this feature in the latest lesson only to discover that it doesn't actually work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep me too, you see the tutorial get excited, put time aside and oh sh@t it doesnt work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same problem, really annoying.

My Bridge CC is 6.0.1.6, but stil have this problem.

I had checked, but there is no updates for Bridge in my Creative Cloud APP.

I hope someone could fix this ASAP.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have latest Quicktime installed as this is default program for animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Curt,

Thanks for your reply.

I just checked my Quicktime is Version 10.3 (727.1), and I had look into App Store but there is no updates for it.

I checked on Apple website as well, couldn't find any new update besides the Pro version..

Any suggestions?

http://support.apple.com/downloads/#quicktime

http://www.apple.com/uk/quicktime/extending/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with hiZack on this one, everything on my system (including Quicktime) seems to be up to date but no luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run training.  I have a 2008 MBP and six 2013 iMacs.  All fully up-to-date with CC and Software Updates.  All running Mountain Lion.   The MBP and two iMacs failed to preview AE presets, four iMacs worked okay.

I have reset all prefs and caches on the MBP today and Bridge CC still freezes or brings up an unplayabl "still" of the AE preset.

I have CS6 still installed.  Bridge CS6 happily plays both AE CS6 and CC presets  so....it must be a hit and miss bug in Bridge CC.

Hope the Adobe Bridge guys sort this out -- it is annoying in a training environment when this stuff happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will sort nothing out.  They can only fix bugs if it can be created in the lab.  If it is hit and miss it would indicate it is some computer sofware problem and not a true bug where it affects everyone.  Either the CODEC is not there, or some other conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Curt states, if 4 iMacs do work correctly and 2 not the first thing all software developers would point to are the 4 that do work because you have proofed that yourself. Hence it is not their software problem but your configuration problem.

I agree it is very annoying and even frustrating but there is some logic in this statement.

Try starting with system maintenance and even new user accounts to eliminate as much as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Curt, @Omke,

Agreed to a point.  These six iMacs all taken out of the box at the same time, same spec, each have only CC apps installed and updated fully.  As a user the fact that Bridge does not perform equally well on these six iMacs is not my fault and shows that the software wasn't tested for configuration issues that deeply on 2013 hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But thank you for the rectification tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These six iMacs all taken out of the box at the same time, same spec, each have only CC apps installed and updated fully.

All the more frustrating, because complaining Adobe they will say it works on 4 so go and blame Apple and Apple will reply with same statement but blaming Adobe…

But todays systems are very complex and Adobe CC has also a lot of very complex applications which need to install various things to various locations. Permissions have also strange and difficult behavior. You as a user are stuck with it, even with out of the box material.

Try also Cocktail for maintenance, might help. And for testing check the AE behavior on a new user, Apple Disk recovery may come to help for a crippled user account but with only CC a reinstall from scratch might also be an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Omke said be aware that registry cleaners can, and do, wipe out good files also.  So avoid products like MacSweeper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this matter? My Bridge CC is still hanging when trying to preview a After Effects effect. Verry annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope,  I've not managed to correct this issue.  One additional complication -- I have CS6 installed on my MBP as well and that (still) works fine through the Animation>Browse Presets route

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have still the same problem. this way i cant use bridge at all. what the hell, there must be a solution?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines