• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does the Adobe Flash Player work on IE11 of Windows8.1

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 8.1.

I had some troubles of forcing Adobe Flash Player Plugins installation on many web pages.

So I asked that problem, and I can't get good solutions.

Someone told me to test the flash player at following site, and I got a message:

" http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html

Test Flash Player

Either Flash Player is disabled or ActiveX Filter is ON  "

But the setting of the above is O.K.

And, Windows 8.1 have the Adobe Flash Player and I can't do anything.

What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MS deliberately screwed with the User-Agent strings for IE11, to 'trick websites' out of identifying it as IE (apparently they're ashamed of their latest build of their flagship browser).

Some sites ID it as Firefox, some as Safari or Opera. But, since the IE browser engine can't function with content for Gecko or Webkit, it "pooch's" the viewing of the site.

If the pages can't ID the browser, they can't ID the plug-ins in it either. This has been a major problem with Windows 8, but it's starting to pop up more and more with 7 too.

Microsoft's recommendation is to use Compatibility View for affected pages, and "pretend" you're using a different browser. Trouble with that is... it's seen limited success at best, and you have to individually enable it for EVERY page that has problems.

I'm not big on "pretending" so I recommend actually using another browser.

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE11 won't, with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines