Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TCS 5.0 requests Serial Number

Contributor ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a an annual TCS subscription.

I've downloaded TCS 5.0 now, but it doesn't seem to recognise my Adobe ID as as a valid sign in and requests a serial number.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how the subscription method works – you should contact Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Did you find out any more on this? We want to take advantage of the 40% discount offer from Adobe for TCS5 - but we can't even see if we qualify as we don't know our serial numbers. Any help appreciated.

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In short, no.

I spoke to Adobe and they had a play around with my system, but could not resolve the error.

They have told me that they will get back to me when they have a solution and in the meantime to use the trial period.

I will update progress on here if I get any!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to access your serial numbers through the Adobe Licensing site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the subscription service you do not have a serial no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bowen192 – is this something you’ve found out from Adobe since you last mailed?

I went to https://creative.adobe.com/join/offer to see if I qualify to upgrade to TCS 5 at the discounted price but keep getting asked for my serial number.

So if we don’t have one, how do we upgrade from TCS4 to TCS5.

This really is not what I expect from Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. You have never needed a Serial No. for a subscription.

You COULD work with TCS5 on a trial basis, but if the problem is not resolved within 30 days, you're stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, we have already installed TCS5 - it will run out in 20 days, just before our TCS4 subscription expires. I think another call to Adobe may be needed....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have e-mailed me this morning to tell me that they have resolved the issue, which they have.

They've been pretty good to be fair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any more details on what the issue was, i.e. something at your end, at the licensing server end or a combo of both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe logged on to my machine, uninstalled and re-installed and messed about with my login to no no avail.

They told me they would come back to me with a solution.

Three days later I just recieved an e-mail telling me it would work and it did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was a hitch at Adobe's end that we have resolved. You should not be facing the problem again. One just needs to install TCS5 and sign-in with the same adobe id with which TCS4 subscription was bought, to continue using TCS uninterrupted.

Thanks,

Anchal Arora

TCS Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, but I’ve tried logging into the Licensing Web Site – and it doesn’t recognise either of my Adobe logins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines