Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Packaging, DRM, digital fingerprinting epub documents

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new to the epub world and am trying to find out what is (probably) some basic information... unless I really am wide of the mark

I've been asked to investigate ACS and how it handles DRM but, in particular four questions:

1. Which DRM scheme are we going to use?
  2. What key length is used?
  3. What key DRM settings are used (e.g copy parameters etc.)
  4. Any additional protection, e.g. digital fingerprinting

These are relating to the packaging of content by the packaging service in ACS, but I can't find the information in the technical or user guides. I think this should be obvious, but it's all a bit new to me at the moment.

1. Proposed answer, Adobe DRM provided via ACS5
  2. Not sure? I assume this is built into the packaging service but I can't tell from the documents if its confgurable or not. Would this be AES256?
  3. Don't really know what is being asked for here
  4. From the documents I have, digitial fingerprinting is not supported for PDF's, but we're primarily dealing with epub documents. From the searches I've done, they suggest its not possible to securely do this either. Is this correct?

Sorry if these are daft questions - I've tried to work out the answers through internet searching but I'm a bit stuck atm.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?