Exit

Can we link FM file to a button on Main toolbar

Mentor ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using FM11-RH10, as part of TCS4.

I want to display our copyright and trademark information as a button on the top panel (next to Content, Search, Index, and Glossary). The content is coming from a FrameMaker (.fm) file. So, is there a way I can link a FM file to this button? Ideally, I would want to do it as part of the settings or skin file. If that is impossible, I am fine with having that as a post-import task in RH as well.

Is that possible?

Sreekanth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First you’d have to create the button and put it in the skin, then make it a hyperlink to the text that you’ve brought in from FM. Get out your skin editing skills and java scripting. Start with Rick’s Skinny on Skins help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how to edit the skin and get a button on it. But I don't know how to link the FM file to it. I don't have the JavaScript skills either. I will check out Rick's Skinny on Skins help. Thanks.

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably won’t be linking to the FM file itself, rather, the topic created in RH from that FM content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp