• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SharePoint integration

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2008 Feb 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company uses SharePoint for our intranet. I would like to see Frame work seamlessly in SharePoint. Frame needs some sort of dialog box or option to "save to SharePoint" or something like that. I suggest the new Word 2007 format for a dialog that works with SharePoint, Documentum, or whatever and makes it easy to save to a network without drilling down to multiple levels on a dialog box.
TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2008 Oct 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the possibility of workplace servers?

This provide the capability of integration (file sharing) as well as the possibility of distributing information and collaboration. For example, I just set up a workspace server to our SharePoint and the files post directly there. You have to be careful, though, not to override the defaults that you have saved either locally or on another server.

Thoughts? Or has it been months and you've already figured out a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 02, 2008 Oct 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're starting the move to Sharepoint, and since the Corporate Wish is to move almost everything out of classic file-systems I'll be looking at the workgroup server options too. As far as I remember, they did the job when I experimented with them a few years ago using Livelink; I just lost interest in experimenting because there was no immediate need or benefit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 13, 2009 Feb 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carey

the time has finally arrived when I need to hook up to Sharepoint from FM8. I've taken a first look with one of the Sharepoint gurus, and he assures me it'll never work "because there aren't enough fields in the Set up dialogue" and I can't specify all the information required for the connection.

I don't follow this, especially as (already mentioned) I managed to connect to a Livelink server. Could you give me any clues, based on your experience?

Thanks in advance!

Niels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know what version of Sharepoint you're running, and what your permissions level is?

Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out this link:

http://livingtext.wordpress.com/2007/09/14/using-non-microsoft-file-types-in-sharepoint/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Marked as not helpful as need to login to Wordpress to view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 15, 2009 Feb 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Art - "Sharepoint Server 2007" is the best I can get from the Help; I'll check with the technically-minded when they arrive. I'm site owner for any site where I store my source files.

Joel, thanks for the tip; it's an interesting article ... but sidesteps the question I'm interested in: "In the Save As dialog box of the program, you will need to navigate to the SharePoint folder where the file resides" doesn't say anything about how to see SharePoint folders in the normal Save as dialogue. Also, loses linked graphics :-{

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines