• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to re-save a PDF file in FrameMaker 10

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After creating and saving a PDF file, I am unable to resave the file with that name after making changes to it.

The Adobe Acrobat message I get is:

Capture PDF Save Message.JPG

This error does not occur when I try to make comments and resave a  .PDF created with Microsoft Word.

I have a workaround which is to save the file using a different name, delete the original file, and rename the new file with the original  name. I would prefer not to have to do this with each saved change.

Thank you for any help or suggestions you can offer.

nankinnankin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Not sure how this is a FM problem – you’ve created the PDF out of FM, then edited it in Acrobat, then you want to save it again? I think the issue is in Acrobat, not FM…

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how this is a FM problem – you’ve created the PDF out of FM, then edited it in Acrobat, then you want to save it again? I think the issue is in Acrobat, not FM…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

You are correct. This is an Acrobat issue. Thank you for your response.

nankinnankin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I had similar issue, but it was FM.  Occasionally, when I did a Save as PDF or Save as with HTML, FM went on for a few moment then stoped saving with an error message along the line: Cannot create <some file name>...  It kept doing the same thing for several tries until I deleted the previously generated files, then all would be well for a while, until the next time...  I don't know it had anything to do with the generated files (PDF or HTML) being opened on a web-browser at the moment.  Yet, as I remembered prior to that and verified afterward, in those times that went without such error, those files were being opened as well.  Thanks!

PS: I'm using FrameMaker 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi binh,

I can't help you with that issue, but I can tell you that after calling Acrobat we realized the problem was that my document default was set up to show the document in the preview pane as well as on the screen. As long as the preview pane is open, Acrobat sees the document as being open and is unable to save.

nankinnankin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, nankinnankin! I'll check out that possibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines