• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tax exemption

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client sell medical products - some of the products are VAT exempt if the person is registered disabled - how can I provide the option to switch the tax off ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi displaythis,

To specify a product to have no tax applied, log into the admin console of your site > eCommerce > Products > [select your product] > Prices and select 'Tax Never Applies' from the 'Tax Code' drop-down menu.

What you could do here is mark the customers who are disabled as Wholesalers. Therefore you will be able to apply the wholesale price to products and ensure that tax never applies. For information on setting up wholesale prices, please refer to the following article: http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/partner/set-wholesale-prices.html

Thanks,
Matt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matt for your time..the wholesale is a good idea. The problem is they are not signed in, you could buy the product and the onus/obligation is on you to say wether you are exempt or not ( ie the Tax will chase you) and have to pay the tax or not. I need a simple function to say if you are exempt and by ticking a radial button turns the tax off. Also a field to clarify why you are exempt will then indemify my client ?

May be a display a voucher code that remove the tax was an idea but we do not know what the total shoping cart value is ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2014 Feb 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had to add an option of NO Tax for our First Nations population who do not pay tax in Canada. 

When customers are on the shopping cart page, they choose their destination province, each province has different tax rates. So I have added another choice called "First Nations (Canada)" and when that option is selected, the tax rate changes to zero.

On the Checkout form, you could add a custom field to collect any data you may need from clients who are purchasing non-taxable items. The information in the custom field would be saved to the database. The free courses from BC Gurus explain how to do this reallly well.

This might not solved your issue but I thought I would share it in case it helps.

Tricia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working this very issue this evening and found a reasonable elegant solution.

So I have two tax codes set up:

1. VAT

2. NO VAT

Then simply copied the HTML from the destination state drop down and used it to create my own drop down:

<select id="taxSelector" onchange="ApplyTaxRate(this.value,1004305,1,1,0);" class="shippingDropDown" id="shippingState" name="shippingState"><option value="-1">Please Select</option><option value="1277">With VAT</option><option value="16864">Without VAT</option></select>

This will update the cart amounts for you and pass the correct amounts on to the check out.

NOTE:  You will have to substitute the values here in the drop down options with YOUR OWN tax code IDs.  Anyone from BC know an easier way to see your tax code IDs?

NOTE: By switching on the destination state drop down in your shopping cart (i.e. using {tag_shippingoptions, true}) you can display the tax codes you have for a specific country and more importantly you can see the ID numbers relating to each tax code.  This uses javascript function called ApplyTaxRate which you can use without the hassle of the destination state drop down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 13, 2014 Sep 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alarkin,

Hope all is well.

Wondering if you can send me your contact info offline regarding the above mentioned post - I have some questions for you - my e-mail is aaron@a3creative-solutions.com

Thanks,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines