Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle Technical Support??

Level 2

We have a very specific technical requirement and we need to know if a combination of LiveCycle Designer and Acrobat (without the extensions and LiveCycle server) will fulfill our needs before we decide to purchase licences. Find below what we are wanting to happen:

End User
A PDF form which has functionality that will populate set tables and charts based on the users selections from dropdowns, buttons, etc. The data needs to be embedded within the PDF but the form has to be dynamic so that the charts can change when the user selects different buttons/dropdown items.

Publisher
A publisher will open a form in LiveCycle that is associated with XML/Excel files. If these files had been updated prior to the form being opened in LiveCycle designer then when it is opened in Designer the new data will be imported into the form and then when published the data would be embedded in the form. The editor would then send the PDF to end-users and when they next open in Adobe Reader they would see the tables and charts based on the updated data.

I have seen examples of graphs being created and data being imported but I am unable to see if these examples can actually work together in one coherent solution, namely the major obstacle of reading XML data that is stored in the PDF so that end-users do not need multiple files when opening and interacting with the PDF.

I have tried contacting the UK Support number 0207 365 0735 but keep getting passed from one person to another who equally donot have the technical knowledge to be able to answer my questions, eventually after a 30 minute call getting cut-off.

Can anyone on here answer my questions or provide me with an email address or telephone number of a support representative who might be able to answer my questions BEFORE we purchase licences.

0 Replies