• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Book Removes Superscripts from Cross-references

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2014 Feb 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in unstructured FrameMaker 10, and I have several cross-references that contain a registered trademark symbol. I have created a character tag specifically for the superscript. Everything works fine until I use the Update Book function. This function causes the superscript in the cross-references to be removed. I have to go back an update each cross-reference or chapter individually. Anyone have an idea how these can be updated from the book level without losing the superscripts? The table of contents is unaffected and shows the superscript after automatic updating. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2014 Feb 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you've stumbled into a bug. I can reproduce this behaviour on FM10 to FM12.

Before_book_update.pngAfter_Book_update.png

When extracting content using the <$paratext> building block, FM ignores all formatting except for subscript, superscript and the font family properties. The superscript should be preserved and it is when either first applying the cross-ref or updating through the Edit > Update References... menu.

Something about the Book-level update is misbehaving. You don't have to go back to each cross-ref individually - just use the Edit > Update References... option in each file (a PITA, but at least it let's you get the final result).

I've reported this to the Adobe engineers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your detailed response, Arnis .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines