• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw editing is not enabled

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Camera Raw option in Bridge 6 is dimmed and not available when I wont to edit a picture file in Camera Raw.

I got this message:
Camera Raw editing is not enabled

Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature"

Any help will be highly appreciated

Best regards

Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

I was having the same problem that the original poster was having (Camera Raw editing is not enabled.)  After tinkering around with some of the suggestions that were provided by some of the users on this form, I figured out what my problem was.  How I got it to work was simple.  I open a picture in Photoshop, doesn't what type, png, jpg, tiff. Then File>Browse in Bridge. Once Bridge is opened.  All I had to do is, highlight the image you want to open in Camera Raw, and a second image, doesn't ma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Or, is the question from @Terry Carroll about opening TIFF and JPGs Through ACR?

This would be a Camera Raw Preference setting in Photoshop for TIF & JPG to appear in ACR..

2022-12-18 15_40_44-Clipboard.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or PC?

Can you open the photo in question using Photoshop?

The error suggests you have Bridge installed but not Photoshop installed. If you do have Photoshop CS6 installed then it seems like Bridge CS6 is not detecting that Photoshop is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have booth Bridge 6 and Photoshop 6 installed - If I double click an raw file there is no problem - but if I try to open a Raw file from Bridge I face the problem.

I have seen in support forum other users have excatly the same problem. But I have not seen a solution !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please answer the question posed in post #1.

Macintosh or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2012 Aug 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a mac computer with 10.7. 4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2012 Aug 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer ti post #1:

Yes I have no problem with open the file in Photoshop - and also - if i double click a Raw file the file open in Camera Raw - the only problem is from Adobe bridge. If I right click a Raw file it come with this message:

The error suggests you have Bridge installed but not Photoshop installed.   If you do have Photoshop CS6 installed then it seems like Bridge CS6 is not detecting that Photoshop is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone find an answer to this yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would guess that the CS or PS installation is corrupted and an uninstall of everything Adobe, clearing the preferences, running the CSCleaner script and a re-install might fix things.

Installs can become corrupted if beta and release versions of the same product have been installed or if a mixture of single-purchase-apps and suite-bundled apps are or have been installed on the same system, where, for example, Bridge is looking for the bundled version of PS while the PS actually installed, now, is the single-app-purchased version, and Bridge is looking the wrong place to confirm PS is there.

It also could be that Bridge is seeing an expired license for a beta or other-purchase-model version that knows that app is no longer installed. If CSCleaner doesn’t fix licensing issues, then maybe there is a different thing to do to reset licensing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I can open JPEG from the Bridge CS6 right in ACR 7.1 by double click or <Enter>:

ACR.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that problem is happening for legitimate copy of photoshop ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with that is jpgs ALWAYS will open in camera raw.  Just think in batch processes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I found the answer by trial and error.  Easy quick fix to the

Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifing product has been launched issue

Bridge now wants to know which program to default to when opening a RAW file.  Highlight your file (or files) you wish to edit or open in Camera RAW.  Go to the top bar,the one that says Adobe Bridge CS Click on the word File, drill down to "open with"  find photoshop from the arrow box, and click Photoshop.  If you do this enough with different raw files the default becomes photoshop, and you can then just klick the raw icon and things will work correctly once again.  It only took me three times to get it to default.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, my problem solved 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!! 

I LOVE editing with Bridge, but have not been able to open anything in Camera RAW through bridge in what seems like forever. I have searched,  and posted on forums endlessly without results!  I could open images in Camera Raw through PS... just not through Bridge.  

YOU ARE AWESOME!  Thank you sooooo much!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same issue with mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2015 Mar 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so frustrated. I just re-downloaded Photoshop CS5 (after having to erase my hard drive due to software issues) and now can no longer open my raw camera files. I keep getting this error message (see below). I've gone into preferences and under file handling allowed "automatically open all supported jpgs" but to no avail... and even more frustrated that there's no over-the-phone tech support.

(sigh). Anyone know what to do?

Thanks....

Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 1.24.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2012 Nov 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge CS6 for Mac users ... I was able to right click on photo in Bridge. Select Develop Settings and Select Camera Raw Defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2013 Jan 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue, only I am not getting an error message, I just cannot select "open in camera RAW" because it is greyed out. I didnt have this problem last week, but all of a sudden, I cannot open anything from Bridge in Camera RAW. There have been no solutions posted for this issue and it is costing me serious time and money here. ADOBE!!!!!  SOMEONE PLEASE RESPOND WITH AN ACTUAL FIX!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could solve??

I have the same problem.

In my "macbook pro" I managed to solve the following instruction from the video above. (installed CS5, ran the Bridge CS5, then went back to the Bridge CS6 and camera raw work, using "Command + R)

Now I bought a Imac and the same process does not work. Already tried everything.
I need to use the "Camera Raw" in Bridge.

It's not the same thing as using the mini bridge.

Someone definitely knows how to solve?

thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found a solution... it worked for me anyway.  I opened Photoshop, then from the File menu I selected Browse in Bridge.  I then closed Photoshop and was able to open raw files in Bridge.

Hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with not being able to open Camera RAW from bridge. I can see the button and select it , it will act like it is opening it and then come up with  a message saying " Camera Raw editing is not enabled.    Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifing product has been launched atleast once to enable this feature."    I am working on a PC with Photoshop CS6. It is a ligit copy. I have tried updates, uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing works. I am able to get to camera raw thru photoshop , just not thru bridge which is what I need so I can edit multiple pics at once! HELP!!    I tried mike _d_1961 suggestion of opening photoshop, then from the file menu selecting browse in bridge, Closing photoshop and trying to open raw and it is still NOT working!    I see several people are having this issue you would think there would be a fix somewhere!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it totally worked!, hope it works for others too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround online that might help the engineers trying to fix the issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzpGJRP-daA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you update all of your photoshop software (bridge --> help --> updates).  That was what my problem was apparently, because it's working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines