• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse/Typekit web font list/preview?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a specific foundry within Typekit that Muse uses to populate its list of available web fonts in the "Add Web Fonts..." menu? When I browse Typekit's site to find fonts for use in Muse the majority aren't available from within Muse. Likewise, some of the fonts available in the Muse menu are no where to be found on the Typekit site, Aguafina Script for example.

There's actually an Adobe foundry within Typekit, which contains LOTS of fonts unavailable in Muse. What kind of sense does that make?

It's difficult to use them in conjunction to facilitate type design. If I browse Typekit chances are the font isn't available in Muse anyways. If I browse Muse I frequently can't find the font on the Typekit site so I can preview at different sizes/weights to make a good decision regarding appearance and legibility for my viewers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

~Bob

BTW, why the heck don't all the browsers use Muse's Design Mode type rendering engine? Typekit fonts are stunning when viewed in Muse's Design Mode but look like terrible every where else... even in Muse's own Preview Mode. The only exception I can find is on an iPhone which alse renders type beautifully.

~B

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Hi Bob,

We discussed these Typekit questions in another thread, but I'm posting the information here as well for other users.

Muse includes a set of free & open-source fonts called the Edge Web Fonts: https://edgewebfonts.adobe.com/.

Many of the Edge Web Fonts are also available on Typekit, but not all of them (as you found).  The font that you mentioned, Aguafina Script, is offered through Google Fonts:

http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Aguafina+Script

Currently, you can only select and preview

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

We discussed these Typekit questions in another thread, but I'm posting the information here as well for other users.

Muse includes a set of free & open-source fonts called the Edge Web Fonts: https://edgewebfonts.adobe.com/.

Many of the Edge Web Fonts are also available on Typekit, but not all of them (as you found).  The font that you mentioned, Aguafina Script, is offered through Google Fonts:

http://www.google.com/fonts/specimen/Aguafina+Script

Currently, you can only select and preview the Edge Web Fonts in the Muse app.  You can still use other Typekit fonts on your website, though; they just won't show up in the Muse preview.  The Muse Insider wrote a post on how to insert the Typekit embed code from the Muse interface:

http://museinsider.com/how-to-add-typekit-fonts-to-your-muse-site.html

Or you can add the embed code to the Page Properties dialog within Muse, which will include it in the <head> of the page when you export your website.

Best,

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that clarification Liz. However, just to understand you 100%, you're saying that all Edge Web Fonts will be available with Muse preview & usage? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

All of the Edge Web Fonts are already included in Muse.  If you choose "Add Web Fonts" from the font menu in Muse, the Edge Web Font browser will open.  Here are some screenshots:

Screen Shot 2013-09-19 at 17.49.51 PM.png

muse-browse-fonts.png

Apply one of these fonts to your text, and you can see how it looks right in the Muse Preview window.

I hope that this helps; let me know if you have any other questions.

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings Liz,

Unfortunately, I am unable to use Edge fonts in

Photoshop/Illustrator/Fireworks, etc.

Typekit allows me to wireframe and proof my designs with my customers,

having selected fonts. However, these some of those fonts are unavailable

in Muse.

How can I obtain a list of these Desktop/Web Fonts that are available in

both typekit & muse so I can have a seemless workflow?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Daniel Maldonado

Art Department

BuildASign.com

Thanks,

Daniel Maldonado

daniel@danielmdesigns.com

www.danielmdesigns.com

(512) 538-5323

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Liz, Typekit Support <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

You are correct that the Edge Web Fonts (EWF) service is currently only available for use on websites; you cannot download the fonts from EWF to use in mockups.  These are all open source fonts, however, and many are available for desktop use.  You would need to download the files from the foundry website (Google Fonts, for example), however.

The fonts that are in both EWF and Typekit are marked in the EWF site as "also available at Typekit":

ewf-typekit.png

We don't have a list of which fonts are available in Edge Web Fonts vs Typekit, but I will share that request with the team so we can look into making it available.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liz,

Is there anywhere I can find a list / preview of all of the current fonts available in Muse. I would like to suggest a site where Muse users / clients can view all fonts at once. Now that fonts are a part of web design in such a fantastic way, artists can delve in and offer clients more choices. With more choices clients want to "see" what is available during the design process. I think it would be a good start to show clients the free fonts that are available, Edge Web Fonts in Muse, but I have not found a comprehensive, visual list.

~Rose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rose,

You can browse and filter all of the fonts available in Muse from the Edge Web Fonts website: https://edgewebfonts.adobe.com/fonts.

Let me know if you have any other questions!  Best,

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Liz,

I have seen that and it works well for viewing a few at a time. Is there a way (that I am missing) that I can display them all at once? Right after I posted here I made some screen shots to create a PDF to send to a client. I know it seems like a bit much, overkill, since people can easily see them on the site you noted - but - I have found that the quick look at all fonts helps. It ended up being a 4 page PDF, so not too overwhelming for now.

Thanks again for your quick response.

~Rose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for explaining, Rose.  I don't have a single-page reference of all the fonts included in Edge Web Fonts, but I will share that request with the team. 

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but please let me know if you have any other questions.  Best,

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why adobe is introducing Typekit, where Muse is not able to see the fonts when designing and have to embed the code later on? this doesn't make sense...

When we will be able to use typekit within the MUSE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ganbaa.Gansukh,

Thanks for your comments.  We do see the value of being able to design in Muse with all the fonts in your Typekit library. This will require a deeper integration between Typekit & Muse, which are hoping to be able to offer in the future.

In the meantime, the Muse Insider wrote a post on how to insert the Typekit embed code from the Muse interface, which you may find helpful as well:

http://museinsider.com/how-to-add-typekit-fonts-to-your-muse-site.html

-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Liz,

Museinsider post work!!!!!

Eva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I followed the instructions on museinsider but didn't get the right results. In Muse, what font family do I assign my text to? The paragraph style are named header and body, yet my text is exported as image.

I want to use Tisa font family (which I also added for desktop use), therefore I assigned my text in Muse to Tisa. I also tried to assign it to Ariel, and run the same test.. yet didn't manage to make it work.

Anybody figured how to do this?

Thanks a lot!

~Roey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roey,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble using Typekit in Muse.  Would you please send us an email at support@typekit.com?  I think we will need to take a look at your Muse file in order to see why the fonts aren't loading for you, which will be easier to do over email.

Thanks!
-- liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Can you tell me if there was a simple solution to this issue? I'm encountering the same problems.

Cheers!

Matt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2014 Jul 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt - I ended up taking screen shots of each page of the font displays. It did not take long then I created a simple PDF to share with clients. For clients who are less savvy, this was a good work around for reviewing the fonts.

~ Rose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually was trying to make typekit fonts to work with muse, but the edgwebfont-tutorial... don't work for me...

now i found a way. using the same tutorial and screenshots from above How to add Typekit fonts to your Muse site

STEP 1:

you need to have an active domain, so you can upload yr files on the web via FTP. you are going to see yr fonts online only.

first you need to setup yr typekit-kit with yr domain.

now select your fonts and weights you want on yr webpage

--------------------

STEP 2: Give the Typekit fonts selector names

you need to put the selectors on the top left corner of the screen, BUT

INSTEAD of the ".header" or ".body" selectors, you can use the normal HTML selectors, like h1, h2, p and so on. if you want, you can set more than one selector to yr font, so if for example you want to use the same font for h1 and p, you can put both selectors there. if you have italics and bold selected it going to work automatically on muse when you use the bold and italic buttons. preety cool!

publish

--------------------

Step 3: Give your Muse text frames paragraph styles with the same names

AT FIRST: you might do this setup on yr masterpage, so yr fonts are automatically loaded on yr sites.

make paragraph-styles with your HTML selectors (h1, h2, p and so on), then format yr text with them on the pages.

--------------------

Step 4: Add the Typekit Javascript

DO NOT paste the java script on yr site! this code must be in "HEAD" of the website. so you need to go to menu:

> page > page properties

then, paste the typekit javascript in yr "metadata".

that's it.

hope it helps, and sorry my english

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, it seems that future is a great time to live in! But since we're paying for our subscriptions right now, could you be a littile bit more specific about when the Golden Era would come? It's 2015 on my desktop, and this discussion is about two years old. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liz,

the complicated workaround you are referring to is from 2011:

How to add Typekit fonts to your Muse site

When will you put the TypeKit Fonts into Muse?

Any roadmap for us?

2015, 2016, 2017?

Good Luck!

CC Subscriber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say it does seem frustrating to read these initial posts from 2013 and it's still not working in 2015. Are there any timescales for when this will be integrated into Muse?

Muse is a great app but it just currently doesn't offer the typographic freedom that it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The 2015.0 release of Adobe Muse adds native support for Typekit web fonts. See The Typekit Blog | Adobe Muse introduces Typekit integration‌.

No need to manually configure kits or embed code — Muse takes care of all that. Give it a try!

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Abhishek,

I signed on today to take a look at a lot of the 2015 release. I will do my best to test some of it. I am excited for some of the changes I see. Thanks for contacting me. ~rose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Adobe Muse CC subscription, and am receiving an error when going the the web font area to search for Typeset fonts.  "Your account doesn't have access to Typekit".  I am logged in as the same account that owns the adobe muse subscription, too.  I cannot find directions anywhere on how to enable this in some way.  Does anyone know how to get past this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi RCsCloud,

Could you try the instructions I outlined in https://forums.adobe.com/message/7857806?

Once you send the logs, we may be able to tell more about why you are running into this issue.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines