• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I use themes with Adobe Illustrator®, Photoshop®, InDesign®, Fireworks®, and Flash® Professio

Engaged ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud users can access all their themes directly within Illustrator CC. To access your themes, open the Color panel by choosing Window > Color Themes.  You can also access your themes and create new ones in the latest version of Adobe Ideas, Adobe Draw, Adobe Line, Adobe Sketch and more.

For users who prefer to explore and browse themes created by members of the Color community first, we recommend using the web site—where you will find robust search, filter, and browsing capabilities. Once you find something you like, simply mark it as favorite and then refresh your Color panel in Illustrator.

For Photoshop®, InDesign®, Fireworks®, and Flash® Professional:

Find the new Color panel by choosing Window > Extension > Color Themes . This new panel displays all of your public themes.

For users working on older versions of Adobe software (CS4, & CS5), Color themes can also be downloaded for use in Adobe software using the Adobe Swatch Exchange (.ase) format. To download a theme from Color, first make sure you’re signed in. Click on the theme you’d like and click Download. This downloads the theme as an .ase file to the location of your choice.

Note: The Kuler panel is no longer supported in CS2 and CS3.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

1. In InDesign CC, kuler menu is in Window > Extensions menu.

2. On Kuler Website,  Download ase option is present in theme hover menu and on the 1-up page (see screenshot below ). You need to Sign-in to download a theme as .ase file.

3. Download ASE option is not present on devices which don't support .ase file format e.g. iPad. Which browser & OS are you using ?

kuler1.png

kuler2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of my public themes are syncing; in fact, nothing is syncing between my online Creative Cloud, my Adobe programs and/or files on my Macbook Pro and my iPhone/iPad apps. None of it are syncing at all. Been like this for months. Can't seem to get any help from Adobe support either. Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jido_genshi- I'll send you a seperate message to troubleshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem. Libraries from Adobe Color do not sync with the creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try calling apple - they are so helpful in getting things to sync together

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it's Window>Extensions>Kuler (Photoshop CC - I know it's a small point...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2014 Sep 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I've been looking for that forever, life is easy now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get this to work at all.

I am in CC programs. There is no Kuler in my InDesign WIndow menu? Also When I go to the Kuler website the only download option downloads as an html link. I cannot get an ase which I need. I have done the Lynda.com tutorials but the Kuler website does not look the same as in the tutorials. I do not have the Download as ASE file button.

I went to the adobe site but could not find anything helpful there.

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. In InDesign CC, kuler menu is in Window > Extensions menu.

2. On Kuler Website,  Download ase option is present in theme hover menu and on the 1-up page (see screenshot below ). You need to Sign-in to download a theme as .ase file.

3. Download ASE option is not present on devices which don't support .ase file format e.g. iPad. Which browser & OS are you using ?

kuler1.png

kuler2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neha,

Thank you for your help.

I found it now and have downloaded. In am on OS Mountain Lion.

For your info I could not even easily find the Kuler website on the adobe site it took me ages to figure it out. It is off to the right hand side as if it is a test version. I found this so unintuitive.

I was looking through my CC link and everywhere. Why doesn't it appear in the CC link with all the other apps?

I am creating a style guide for a client and want to have a simple system for them to have their corporate palette supplied in.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Robyn

Robyn Latimer

Eye Visuals Pty Ltd

0414 762 193

www.eyevisuals.com.au

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Again,

One more question. Can you make a Kuler palette in PMS (Pantone) colours as it was not available.

R

Robyn Latimer

Eye Visuals Pty Ltd

0414 762 193

www.eyevisuals.com.au

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Robyn,

No, Pantone colours are not supported by Kuler.

Regards,

Neha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK what a shame.

Thank you.

R

Robyn Latimer

Eye Visuals Pty Ltd

0414 762 193

www.eyevisuals.com.au

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I download the theme and when it opens in illustrator it says the file can not be opened because it is not a file for illustrator??!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try this:

1. Open your swatches palette in Ai.
  2. Click the flyout menu and choose "Swatch Library menu"
  3. Select  "Other Library..."
  4. When prompted, navigate to the ASE file you downloaded from Kuler
  5. Your swatch will now be accessible in Ai. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

This is great news and I really appreciate it.

Could this same feature be implemented in MUSE for our webdesigns?

It would be great.

Thanks,

GG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can not find the plug in "Kuler" in extensions that are either Photoshop or Illustrator InDesign.

Even through Adobe Exchange.

Capture d’écran 2014-01-30 à 09.45.02.pngCapture d’écran 2014-01-30 à 09.45.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem. Kuler and Mini Bridge used to be in under Window>Extensions but they are no longer there, and looking for them in Adobe Exchange produces no results. Wondering if Adobe could just put them in the Adobe Exchange for users who are having this issue so they can re-install these extensions or have a link in this thread to reintall these extentions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of the app(s) are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 14.2.1 x64 - running on Mac OSX Mavericks - have the entire creative suite and always up to date. Kuler shows up in Illustrator, (not under Window>Extensions, just under Window). It's the only place Kuler shows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the french version of PS? Kuler panel is not available in the french version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i'm using the french version! I've seen that kuler is not avalable in french and i don't know why... I do not know anyone who would prefer that there have not kuler rather than kuler English ... especially should not be bilingual to be used ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

US version -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2014 Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can Dreamweaver interact intuitively with Kuler?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 01, 2014 May 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In ordre to use Kuler for éditions/managing swatches, is it planed to add/retrieve "Ase" file support in AdobeBridge and, best in AEM Dam ? It could be really valuable for Corporate use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines