• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to call a function when a specific event happens?

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I would like to pop up an alert when a user deletes a named destination marker. I thought this would be a no-brainer, but I'm having trouble finding examples of scripts that handle events.

Is this even possible? Any ideas on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Heather Ayer

PS - I always say this when I post, but many thanks to all who contribute to this forum. I'm still learning and don't post much, but I read each question and answer. So, thanks!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Heather,

Take a look at this blog post:

http://frameautomation.com/run-a-script-in-response-to-a-command/

Basically, you have to figure out if there is a unique function code for deleting a marker. I would guess that there isn't, but it is worth a try. Otherwise, there may be a workaround. Let me think about it. In the meantime, I would follow the steps in the blog post and see how far you get. Note that this works with FrameMaker 11, but it may not work with 10.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Rick!

Your info was very helpful. I did consult the list of “monitorable” events and deleting an anchor is not on the list. But, it’s good to see what is available for future projects.

I was trying to prevent deleting of a single anchor, but instead I’ll move on to the next component of comparing all the anchors to a .csv file. I know I’ve seen posts about this before. So, I’m off on another fact finding mission.

Thanks again,

Heather A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines