• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table of Contents NOT Visable when Generated with the Following Formats: eBook/HTML/Web Help/MS Prim

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have tried generating my RoboHelp content into eBook, HTML5, Web Help, and MS Primary Layout and ALL of these generate with an empty TOC, etc. 

The only version that generates properly is the Printed Documentation.

I am using:

• Robohelp 11
  • Tried opening in IE, Firefox and Google Crome

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you post a few screen captures?

* A capture of the Table of Contents in the POD

* A capture of the WebHelp Single Source Layout settings with the Content Categories expanded and the Default category settings in view

Thanks... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick!

You are the only person out of over 50 people who view this post to reply - thank you thank you!

I have around 60 pages that are being generated without errors.  I hope I have included the screen shots you are looking for (Web Help Content Settings, Generated View, Generated Log, etc.) 

Below are some screen shots for you - Again THANK YOU!

Best,

Jennifer

Web Help Content Category Default Settings

WebHelp Default Settings.png

WebHelp Generated

WebHelp Generated.png

WEBHELP LOG

WebHelp Log.png

EBOOK

eBook TOC.png

RESPONSIVE HTML 5

Responsive HTML5.png

PRIMARY LAYOUT

PrimaryLayout.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could depend on the version of RH you are using. There is a fix for users of RH10 and RH11 available at http://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/webhelp-issues-robohelp-versions-10.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!

Thank you for your help...

I downloaded and applied the RH11 fix, but unfortunately it did seem to change anything.  So frustrating!  I haven't rebooted yet, but I did apply it and then restart RoboHelp.  If rebooting helps I will write back.  Otherwise, do you have any more ideas?

Thank you!

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clearing the browser cache as well. That fix should fix the blank TOC issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there Rick,

Thanks for writing so quickly!  I did reboot and clear my cache with no luck.  I tried it both FireFox and IE11.0.9

Just to make sure I am applying the fix for Robo11 correctly, I unzipped basically three files and copied them into the recommended folder.  Right?  The files are: whibody.html, whphost and whutils.

Any other ideas?

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an aside I notice you are using Content Categories and your examples focus on just one of them. Does the same happen with the other categories. Also can you confirm that Chrome works OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick,

I just tried this in Chrome and I get the same thing.  I also created a new brand new WebHelp Layout and kept all the defaults and the TOC still didn't show up. And i cleared by cache a bunch of times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try creating the output with no content categories. I know this is not what you want, but I'm just trying to narrow down where the problem could be.

BTW I can not take any credit for being Rick. His boots are too big to fill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, okay, what is your name or do you just go by RoboColumn? 

Can you help me know how to create one with no Content Categories?  Is there a document somewhere?  With the new layout that I created, I made no change just ran the default.  See photos below.

BTW, I have to run to a meeting now and may not be able to get back to this for a little while.  !!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!

Snap 2014-02-28 at 10.45.54.pngSnap 2014-02-28 at 10.46.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your example rules out where I was going as it only has the one content category. Can you create a new TOC file, add a few topics to it and add that TOC to your single source layout. If that works, you'll have to rebuild your TOC.

BTW my name is Colum and I blog about RoboHelp (amongst other things) - hence the RoboColum(n) handle!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

One screen shot you haven't yet supplied that I asked for was the TOC pod in the project. I'm not talking about the output. I'm referring to the TOC Pod where you manipulate the TOC entries in the RoboHelp application.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Here is an image of my Pod.  Sorry I missed your request before.

Thank you gentlemen!

Snap 2014-02-28 at 15.08.12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL, wrong pod! And maybe that's the issue here. You may be mistaking what you see in the Project Manager pod for the Table of Contents pod.

Try again after clicking View > Pods > Table of Contents.

Then again, maybe after locating that pod the issue will be resolved as you may find it is empty and you simply need to add content.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp