• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GamePad support on desktop browsers?

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The roadmap published a while back (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplatform/whitepapers/roadmap.html) stated that Adobe plans on adding gamepad support for desktop browsers.

AIR indeed got this support, but not desktop browsers, which complicates things a lot if you do want to use a controller for a desktop browser (you can use a Unity wrapper that will pass the gamepad input, or even try JoyQuery that can work on browsers that have this feature).

Are there plans on adding this support later?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

I confirmed with the team that this feature did ship.  It looks like there was an oversight in updating the documentation.  All of that stuff is automatically generated, and expanding the scope of a feature is a weird use-case that requires special handling.

If you're seeing a problem, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a USB game controller on my to try this with at the moment, but looking through our project management docs, it looks like we shipped Flash Player support for GameInput in Flash Player 11.8. I see records that indicate it was tested and signed off.  It's quite possible that the ActionScript documentation didn't get updated to reflect the change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirmed with the team that this feature did ship.  It looks like there was an oversight in updating the documentation.  All of that stuff is automatically generated, and expanding the scope of a feature is a weird use-case that requires special handling.

If you're seeing a problem, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is partially working, true.

Biggest flaw is it does not detect ALREADY CONNECTED gamepads before starting Flash Runtime.
I posted a bug (#3715667), please escalate it as it makes the API worthless for browsers.

How am I supposed to explain end-users they have to unplug / replug their gamepad each time they start a Flash game ?

More info here :

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3715667

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for filing the bug.  I've escalated it to the engineers that worked on the feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeromie,

Highly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening as Flash Player 14.
Please communicate with Google team since they fixed it in Pepper Flash.
Adobe NPAPI Flash plugins still exhibit the bug.

Entered the bug again in BugDB since the previous one was flagged as 11.8 and I have few hopes to see it fixed.

Bug#3783009 - Bug 3715667 still present in FP 14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A lot of Gamepad API bugs still remain in FP 14, could you update us on the status of these ? (they are easy to find on bugbase by searching "gamepad").

This is really annoying for game developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines