• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way of using the Ad Rotator module to rotate Web Apps?

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2013 Mar 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use the Web Apps module to sell advertising on a site. Is there a way of using the Ad Rotator module to rotate those advertisement Web Apps?

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2013 Mar 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you do not use it to do that.

You have two options.

1. Insert a web app module as a random item option and thus every page load you get a random web app item.

OR

2. Use javascript to load all web app items and fade them in and out between each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

I would like to do the second option - can you please explain how I can do this? I have setup my News Items as a web app on this page http://www.sunnysideinstantlawn.com.au/ but I don't want it to change when the page is reloaded.  I would like it to be more of a slider. I have looked through the BC Gurus tutorials and cannot find how to rotate the web app items. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tammy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have put the module which is a random web app item.

The code you did for the banner, you just the same thing, make a new call and target a web app module rendering the latest 5 items. Almost exactly like the banner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I would have to do that manually – can’t believe there isn’t an easy way in BC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is custom design features really. BC gives you the data and you present it how you want to. All part of web design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Liam.  I am about to have another go at this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Liam,

I have put the code in for the banner but not sure how to target a web app module rendering the latest 5 items.  How do I learn this stuff?  http://www.sunnysideinstantlawn.com.au/test-1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines