• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking when using Text (hyperlink) or Text (multiline)

Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New to web apps and I have a question.

When I enter a NEW ITEM, for example, Event Name- and set the Field Type to Text (hyperlink) or Text (mutliline), when I insert it in the layout and then view it on the page, it is a Clickable link. But the link goes nowhere. It goes to a "oops nothing is here" page. And the URL is something like event%title%.

Is there a way to have the clickable link just go to a page which futher outlines the event that was clicked on?

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the link you are putting in. Can you show some examples? The urls you are entering could be incorect if its not finding the page (404).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will include screenshots as that might clear it better (or not). Thank you first for answering Liam.

What the general settings look like:

Liam- is this the URL you are talking about? If so- how would I define it so that every event when clicked goes to the right place when using One Web App (Add Events!)- but then just adding items under that event?
Screen Shot 2014-03-04 at 6.58.18 PM.png

Step 1: Add new field
Screen Shot 2014-03-04 at 6.47.46 PM.png

Step 2: Insert into Layout of Web App (bottom Item) - {tag_event_title}

Screen Shot 2014-03-04 at 6.48.22 PM.png

Step 3: Check the site and click on the link "Title of event, where does it go"

Screen Shot 2014-03-04 at 6.49.18 PM.png

Step 4: This is where it currently goes

Screen Shot 2014-03-04 at 6.49.27 PM.png

What I would love to happen in a perfect world:

Kind of how the EVENT module works, how the title when clicked links to a more full description of the event... I know WEB APPS are different, but like I said "in a perfect world." Seems like that may not be possible, if only because I don't see there is a "detailed event" layout, like Events has (List and Detailed layout customization).

Thanks!

let me know if this doesn't help clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to link to the detail view of the event?

If this is the case then you do not do it that way.

You have the following:

{tag_name} - Renders the item name wrapped in a link

{tag_button,Your Text} - Renders a link with custom text to the detail view

{tag_itemurl_withhost} - Just renders the full url

{tag_itemurl_nolink} - Just renders the path.

You use that custom field if you wanted to link to something and that will work depending on what you put in each web app item, not the web app layouts itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I want to link to the event detailed description if the Title is clicked on. Let me look into what you have written and get back if I cannot make sense of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read my post above I gave you the tags for that.

the last two you would do <a href="THETAG">View Detail</a> etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2014 Mar 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help Liam. I solved this by going back through my settings. I had clicked the Disable Detail View when setting up the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines