• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing FM linking from an RH11 WebHelp project

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded from TCS1.3 (FM8/RH7) to TCS5 (FM12/RH11).

I have a legacy WebHelp project which I created in TCS1.3 some years ago. The source content is currently authored in an FM book and the RH project is linked to that book .  The original assumption behind that workflow was that much of the future content would need to be single-sourced from material shared between various existing FM books which already served our PDF output. However, this turned out not to be the case.

I now need to include a lot of new material into the help and would prefer to move forward in just RH11 alone. So far I have used RH only as the rendering engine for the WebHelp output, but from now on will be adding new topics (and updating existing topics) directly in RH with no further FM involvement. I've successfully opened the project in RH11. Next, ideally I’d like to remove any reference to the original FM files from the RH project files but retain the topics, TOC and index generated from them (there are currently about 100 from 10 book chapters). I don’t know enough about RH and the FM/RH linking to know how to go about this. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Alex Wilowska

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easiest way going forward would be to clean up the FM source material as best as you can so that your FM to RH mapping integration doesn’t produce any legacy “FM_xx” styles and then create a brand new project and import the FM content into it. Once that’s done, you’re free to continue working in RH alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much Jeff, I'll head down that route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp