Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Server Trial not Licensing

New Here ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I get an error when trying to use the InDesign Server Trial. Error below from what was typed into CMD.

C:\Users\Administrator>cd C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS6 Server x64

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS6 Server x64>InDesignServer

05/17/12 12:15:39 ERROR [server] Adobe InDesign Server is not properly licensed

and will now quit.

Thanks in advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had trouble - the instructions send you down some confusing paths - but I got it working eventually. The "Installation Instructions.pdf" file indicates you need to activate the trial with Adobe Provisioning Toolkit Enterprise Edition (APTEE), but sends you to a link that says nothing about APTEE. It turns out you can find APTEE in a download called Adobe Application Manager Enterprise (AAME), which doesn't say much about APTEE, but does install APTEE in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\Enterprise\utilities\APTEE\CS6". You don't actually need to create a distribution package of the product installer with the UI of the installed AAME software as you might be led to believe; in the folder above is a command line tool, for which the "indesign-server-cs6-release-notes.pdf" file provides incorrect command line information regarding how to activate the 90 day trial (spurious spaces at line breaks and in command line options that are supposed to be "--" not "- -"). The actual correct command line I used successfully to activate the trial was "adobe_prtk --tool=StartTrial --leid=InDesignServer-CS6-Win-GM" .

It really shouldn't have taken that much figuring out (especially since the InDesign Server CS6 installer itself has a UI which suggests you can just choose an option for trial mode). You can only get on the right track by reading and then ignoring the instructions, and searching around for the right download on the Adobe site.

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you, this was very helpful. We were able to resolve the issue very quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know the details solution .I am getting the same issue.

ERROR [server] Adobe InDesign Server is not properly licensed

and will now quit.

But I do not see any folder as Enterprise in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp".

Please help with step by step solution.

Thanks

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know what to tell you. When I downloaded AAME, as detailed in my previous steps, that folder was present. Did you download something other than AAME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed that on a different machine the AAME setup creates the AAPTEE binary you need. Not sure why your experience has differed.

Incidentally, if you have serial number, and for some reason your installation gets messed up and the server fails with an error about authorization (as happened to me recently for no obvious reason), you can re-set up licensing with the AAPTEE tool with syntax like this:

adobe_prtk --tool=Serialize --leid=InDesignServer-CS6-Win-GM --serial=9999-9999-9999-9999-9999-9999 --adobeid=joesixpack@beer.com

Obviously the serial number and email address are fictional - use your own.

Glenn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  How you managed to figure this out I do not know, but thanks for sharing the solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem using Mac OS X.  The solution was mostly the same.

1. Install Adobe Application Manager Enterprise

2. cd /Applications/Adobe\ Application\ Manager/Enterprise/utilities/APTEE/CS6

3. ./adobe_prtk --tool=StartTrial --leid=InDesignServer-CS6-Mac-GM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after tryal licensing with APTEE, InDesign tell me the same error message.

Someone knows why?

Ivan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As Fivan, even after licensing as trial, I get the same error about a problem in the "license" and a server that is being stopping.

Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

try this

adobe_prtk --tool=StartTrial --leid="V7{}InDesignServer-10-Win-GM"

it works with the actual version downloadable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines