• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove customized watermark from pulldown menu?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exporting thousands of shots for my website and I am making a customized watermark/copyright title for each collection. It is working fine except now I have quite a few customized watermarks which I probably will never use again. How do I remove these from the pull down menu?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to individualy select each of the redundant watermarks in the editor then choose 'Delete preset"..." from the list. If you have alot of them it can be quite time consuming . See belwo screenshot

watermark.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there really are a lot to get rid of, it might be quicker to simply delete them from the "Watermarks" sub-folder in your Lightroom settings folder using Finder/Explorer. Best done while LR is closed down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also delete them directly from the Watermark Folder if you have quite a few to do. Ian's method has the advantage of getting to see what it looks like as you delete it.

Windows Location : Users\App Data\Romaing\Adobe\Lightroom\Watermarks, Mac Users\Library\Application Support\Adobe\Lightroom\Watermarks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2016 Jan 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick.  I've wanted to do this for quite a while, and your answer was Spot On!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Terrific. Thanks so much. Has saved me a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So helpful! Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What watermark folder? There doesn't seem to be one in 4.4 in Win 7 home premium x64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appdata is hidden by default. You may have to show hidden folders in your settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the screen shot that Ian posted for version LR5?  i have LR4 and it does not give me the option to delete watermarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same procedure in LR4: Start the Watermarks editor, then use the drop-down at top left to select the watermark you wish to delete. That loads the watermark into the editor, then go back to the drop-down again and now you will see the additional options, including the "Delete" option, as per Ian's screenshot above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LR 5 and can't find an option to delete custom watermarks at all, and it doesn't seem to let me save over one either (for example, if I decide I want the watermark just a little bit smaller, it wants me to save it under a new name.I now have 3 that are almost identical in name 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

click on edit in lightroom at the top of the screen

choose preferences

choose presets

choose show lightroom presets folder

click on watermarks folder

delete unwanted watermarks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the steps for deleting unwanted presets. This community is extremely helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this it was perfect step by step. I really appreciate your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2016 Mar 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines