• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error A12E1 when I try to update the Creative Cloud desktop

Participant ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an Error code: A12E1 when I try to update the Creative Cloud desktop on my Mac, OS 10.7.5. I tried creating a different user account but that made no difference. I uninstalled the Creative Cloud desktop app and downloaded a new one from the CC website. Same problem with an Error code: A12E6.

So how do we fix this?

A12E1.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

I posted a full fix for this error on this thread #6: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5614888#5614888

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1) Reboot the computer.

2) If error still persist, Rename the OOBE folder to OOBE OLD from

Mac: MAC HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Download Creative cloud once again and try launching.

Thanks!

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Ankit, I was ble to finaly get the Creative Cloud desktop installer to install and now all is well. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my personal Mac and on all my Training Lab computers. Renaming that file, re-booting and re-installing didn't fix the issue. What next?

I did fix it on my personal computer by running the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool, uninstalling all of the CC apps and re-installing, but I'm trying to avoid that long process on 5 training lab computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't seem to work. So. What do we do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW.  Great.  After renaming the OOBE folder now None of my CC aps will launch and tell me I need new licenses.  I have five workstations here on the CC group license that I'm spending a fortune on all giving me this error. I'd be nice to know what we're supposed to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quesinberry please try ending the AAMNotifier process if it is running and then try the installation of the Creative Cloud application again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the AAMNotifier process isn't running on my Mac. Here are instructions if others want to try it:

Windows:

1. Press Ctrl Alt Delete
  2. Start Task Manager
  3. Click the 'processes' tab and check if you have AAMNotifier running
  4. If so, click End Task

Mac

1. Go to Spotlight (magnifying glass at top right on your screen)
  2. Type Activity Monitor
  3. Press Return to open Activity Monitor
  4. Check in the Activity monitor for AAMNotifier
  5. Quit that process if you find it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This worked. It did take several attempts and reboot etc, but believing in what you said, I stuck with it and prevailed in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2013 Aug 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting this error for weeks.  First time I've tried to address it today.

First fix up top did not work.

AAMNotifier does not seem to be running.

Error persists.

Adobe forces everyone to subscription mode and then I get to spend my weekend time troubleshooting errors created by said subscription mode? Not happy about this.

Any help appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a full fix for this error on this thread #6: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5614888#5614888

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the post, Kelly.

I followed all those steps and Adobe Creative Cloud seems to have updated.

But it has uninstalled my After Effects.

This is not trivial as re-installing means re-installing all my scripts and plug-ins.

I will now restore an older backup of my hard drive (and with it the Adobe updater problem, no doubt.)

Sorry, I am mid-project, I do not have time for all this, and I find this beyond apalling on the part of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it looks like it was fixed, today there was another update and the same error appears.

Completely over Adobe CC - I don't have time for these persistant problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2013 Sep 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have read and reread all the above,

Adobe, a formal request for a solution to this error.

Have attempted steps 1 - 14. Have been unable to even download Creative Cloud desktop application which is required to download the other applications.

Please notify as to a turn around time frame and any guidlines and protocols one should follow. I have a Creative Cloud membership for a reason, to use it, please help me in making this a possibilty because, up until no success at all. Sincere thanks in advanced for the product and support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2013 Sep 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SEHayden please see A12E1 error installing Creative Cloud products | CC - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/a12e1-error-downloading-creative-cloud.html which discusses this error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2013 Sep 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jeff a Wright, thanks for that insight but a lass, have tried and failed those steps as well.

I have even attempted a live chat session to little resolve.

Was suggested that i create a new admin account on mac osx, then try download and install - downloaded failed halfway through again.

Was also suggested that I try deleting the .db file found in ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/ - no resolve.

Also renamed OOBE too - no resolve,

Tried connecting from a different location to the internet - still failed halfway.

Clean install of mac osx 10.8.5 running on SSD.

I can not understand why i am still receiving the error message. Will try online chat once more, hope they help..because nothing here has or at http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/a12e1-error-downloading-creat ive-cloud.html

Adobe please, i need help that will help, no more simple quick work arounds, I must be honest, I didn't think this is what i had signed up for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SEHayden did you check to see if you had any other Adobe processes running which could be interfering?  Were you able to locate the AAM Notifier in the Activity Monitor as directed in message #7?   If so do you have a case number from your contact with our support team which I can reference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me (as mentioned in post 24 here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5698226#5698226 ) was booting up in 'safe' mode (hold shift during boot) and updating, then re-starting.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2013 Sep 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jeff and Declan,

Thank you for your feedback and support in trying to resolve the matter, much appreciated. It seems like everything i try from all threads and live chat sessions has no solution. I have tried booting in safe mode, did not work either. Observation wise, whenever i attempt the download after the CC installer begins downloading, it reaches about half way through the download and then the download connection stops. I dont know what would be causing such an issues. Please let me know if you have any other bright ideas, i have tried the following already to no success in installing:

1. Open Activity Monitor from Utilities or Spotlight. Select ‘All Processes’ from the drop-down menu.

2. Please check if you have any of the following processes running in the background, if so, please end these processes.

"armsvc", "acrotray", "Adobe Application Manager (Updater)", "AAM Updates Notifier", "Adobe ARM” or "CEPServiceManager"

3. In Finder, click on Go > Go to Folder, type in ~/library/Application Support/Adobe/ and hit enter. Locate and trash all folders with folder name starting with AAM* and also trash OOBE folder

4. Using Finder navigate to Macintosh HD/ library/Application Support/Adobe/ locate and trash all folders with folder name starting with AAM* and also trash OOBE folder

5. Once done, in Finder, click on Go > Go to Folder, type /tmp and hit enter. Delete all files and folders from tmp folder to clear Temp folder.

6. Navigate to Macintosh HD/Applications/Utilities/ and trash Creative Cloud and Adobe Application Manager folders if available.

7. If you still face any issues in Finder, click on Go > Go to Folder, type ~/Library/Logs and hit enter. Copy PDApp.log and ACC.log (if available) to desktop. Open AdobeDownloads folder and copy DLM, DLM_Native.log and LBS.log files to desktop

8. Zip all the above mentioned log files to a single zip file and attach the zip file to the form https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=oEWI2OVyrtuy03fG0USKLw

9. Create root admin account and attempt to install from there.

10. Boot in safe mode and attempt to install from there.

Thanks once again,

SEHayden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SEHayden,

Sorry you are still having difficulties. I know how frustrating that is.

I would open a ticket with Adobe support. I don't work for Adobe, I'm just another user who was having this problem, and then doing the update in 'safe boot' worked for me so posted to share that information.

Sorry I can't be of more help, and I hope they can resolve your issus (and work out these kind of bugs in general.)

Best,

Declan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SEHayden,

I posted a FULL fix here (post #6) it doesn't look like you've tried all of these steps, in this order: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5614888#5614888 It has worked for me on my personal machines and I've had luck with simpler fixes on my Mac Lab machines (un-installing and re-installing the Creative Cloud Desktop app).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to have solved my issue, a BIG THANKS!!! SEHayden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried almost everything on all the boards I can find.  I even rolled back to a three month old OS image when the service still worked.  That is a strong indication the problem is on the Adobe end.  The only option left is to de install everything and re-install. 

This is an unprofessional solution for a $600 annual service.  I will re-install CS6.  I will cancel the $600 annual subsription.  I will re-engage when I hear Adobe has fixed the A12E1 error code issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GuyJr to confirm have you tried the steps listed in A12E1 error installing Creative Cloud products | CC - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/a12e1-error-downloading-creative-cloud.html?  I reviewed the discussion threads you responded to but I did not see the specific document referenced.

Also if you have completed those steps then have you been in contact directly with our support team?  If so do you have a case number which I can reference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines