• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speed Grade Crashes out immediately after start up every time.

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2012 Jul 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't even stay up for a full second. not time to start a project or import footage. It crashes without fail after start up. Have not been able to do a single thing with this program because it won't stay running.

All my other CS6 programs run great. Premiere, After Effects, Audition etc. all run smoothly.

Motherboard Asus X79 Pro

CPU i7 3930K

64 GB Ram

GTX 580

Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD Boot Drive

Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD for Disk Cache

24 TB raid array for storage.

Windows 7 64 bit

All my other Adobe software is stable. Can't even remeber when the last crash was on a CS6 program except fo Speed Grade which I have been unable to use.

Is there something not compatible about my computer set up? It just will not stay ruuning for me. The crash is instant on start up. Obviously I've tried re-installing

upadating drivers firmware etc ran adobe updater etc. Tested the Ram for issues which takes a long time 64 GB.  5 passes all memory sticks passed with out a hitch.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

I've send you a mail.

_

Duy Anh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've send you a mail.

_

Duy Anh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I sent you mail back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2012 Aug 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm  having the same problem  but I'm using a Macbook Pro.  All my Adobe CS6 software is running nicely but I'm unable to even start up SpeedGrade.  Almost immediately as I'm attempting to launch it unexpectedly quits.  I've gone as far as uninstalling and re-installing SpeedGrade and updates one by one with same results.  with the 6.0.1 update I was able to start it up once and only one time.  After that same problem.   The updates have not worked,  including 6.0.2.  Can't seem to find an answer or solution to this problem.

Here is my system info:

Macbook Pro

Intel i7 2Ghz

8GB

Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB Ram

OS X 10.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If SG is crashing instantly on startup, try this:

go to Users/Name/Documents/Adobe/SpeedGrade/6.0/settings and delete:

LastSession_backup

LastSession

User_Settings

Let me know if that works,

btw: be aware that SG needs at least 1GB Vram

http://www.adobe.com/products/speedgrade/tech-specs.html

cheers,

Duy-Anh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks fr the response.

This worked the first time. Tried opening it again after quitting and the same happened all over again. Followed your instructions again but this time no success. We are still in the same spot. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2012 Aug 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I tried deleting the files you mentioned above. I deleted the projects I worked on just before in a previous run of speedgrade. I restarted my machine thrice by now. I tried everything possible. But, speedgrade just crashes on launch.

Just before it started crashing like this, I worked on a speedgrade project and exported to an output file. Then close it, opened the exported file and found that i exported it with wrong settings and had to do it again for my requirements. I deleted the file previously exported, and went on to open speedgrade again. Thats it, it continuously crashes from there onwards.

It is too annoying. What can I do?

My machine:

2011 macbook pro

16gb RAM

1gbVRAM for video card ATI Radeon 6750

Core i7 quad core

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never even been able to launch Speedgrade, even after updating to 6.0.2 It's just never worked for me. Though admittedly I've been having a lot of trouble with my brand new MBP (separate topic)

For the record I just recently updated to Mountain Lion (10.8, now on 10.8.1) and I'm wondering if that's not the root of my issues. I don't presently have a way to go back to Lion though as far as I know as my MBP didn't come with restore discs. Anyways, I digress.

Every other CS6 Application that I use works just fine. I'm switching to Premiere from being a relatively new Final Cut Pro user (Photographer exploring the Videography world) and at the school I'm attending they use Premiere, so I'm making the switch now. Anyways, Premiere runs great, as does Encore, and After Effects and Audition (along with my standards of PS, AI, ID)

I've just never been able to get Speedgrade to even launch, so I don't have the opportunity to delete those settings files as they've not been created yet. I've tried to reinstall CS6 numerous times and Speedgrade is the only program giving me trouble consistently.

I have a mid-2012 Macbook Pro, 15" Hi-Res / 2.7GHz i7 / 8GB Ram / 1GB Nvidia 650m / 1TB HDD (my weak link, I will be putting an SSD in there ASAP)

Any ideas on how to get SG running? Is Mountain Lion the root issue? (I knew I should have waited to update)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey l-orient,

please post your system specs ....

General recommendation:

If you notebook has any GPU power control, please turn it off. Also try to turn off automatic onboard / HW graphicscard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you.

Here's the specs :

Mac Pro 2 x 2,66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon

5 Go 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

I have contacted the adobe chat helpdesk. They told me to download and

run the Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool, then to reinstall the app.

Since all my creative suite apps had been removed, I had to install all

the creative suite again.

Since then, Speed Grade is ok and run withound problem. But...

But, this is the updated version (6.0.3) that crashed out immediately

after start up.

Do you have a recommandation ?

Thanks

DuyAnhPham <mailto:forums@adobe.com>

13 septembre 2012 09:46

>

Re: Speed Grade Crashes out immediately after start up every time.

created by DuyAnhPham <http://forums.adobe.com/people/DuyAnhPham> in

/SpeedGrade/ - View the full discussion

<http://forums.adobe.com/message/4695203#4695203

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On which OSX are you working ? - is it up to date?

Also installed ATI drivers that is necessary?

Sounds weird, that it crashes with the patch only.

It crashes immediately  after patch, or did you work on it, (send timelines/open files) then it crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DuyAnhPham,

Do you know if Adobe is working on the issue ?

Now, with Speed Grade 6.0.4 et OSX 10.7.5, the problem is still here.

SpeedGrade refuse to launch.

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)

Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with 6.0.3, the crash is instant on start up. Have not been able to do a single thing with this program because it won't stay running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac Pro Tower

Processor  2 x 3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon

Memory  20 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Graphics  ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512 MB

Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63b)

I have never been able to open Speedgrade. I don't have an option for Automatic Graphic Switching under Energy Saver. I have updated the software everytime a new update is available. Speedgrade was a major part of making the move to cs6, and I have never even seen it attempt to open. Since it has never worked, even after reinstalling it, I don't even have previous session files to erase. Can you help out a frustrated adobe fanboy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear ya man. I'm in the same boat though on a Macbook Pro. I've never been able to even open Speedgrade since installing CS6. I've all but given up on it and just do my grading in Premiere with Magic Bullet. At least that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JKBenny wrote:

Graphics  ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512 MB

Sorry, but I think that the problem is the graphic card or the driver, have you updated to latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue. Crash on launch every time. Mac pro, exited with code 1.

Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Tech said there was no fix for Macs that could only run 10.7.X. It works under OSX 10.8X on another newer Mac Pro I have that can run OSX 10.8.X. Adobe told me if I want to run it on my 2007 Mac Pro that can only run up to 10.7.5, the only fix was to upgrade to the Creative Cloud CC version.

All the best,

Warren Eig

tel: 310-470-0905

email: warren@babyboompictures.com

Reel: http://www.babyboompictures.com/BabyBoomPictures/Reels.html

Click HERE for imdb Listing

ü Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm  having the same problem  but I'm using a Macbook Pro.  All my Adobe CS6 software is running nicely but I'm unable to even start up SpeedGrade.  Almost immediately as I'm attempting to launch it unexpectedly quits.  I've gone as far as uninstalling and re-installing SpeedGrade and updates one by one with same results.  with the 6.0.1 update I was able to start it up once and only one time.  After that same problem.   The updates have not worked,  including 6.0.2.  Can't seem to find an answer or solution to this problem.

Here is my system info:

Macbook Pro

Intel i7 2Ghz

8GB

Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB Ram

OS X 10.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2012 Oct 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solve this problem, cheking of the Automatic Graphics Changing Under System Prefrerences in OSX. SG opens fast and preiews smoth.

Macbook Pro

IC5 2.4

8gb Ram

Nvidia GT 330M 256

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, having the same isuse here.

Speedgrade crashing on startup everytime. After restart. No other apps open etc.

It worked a few times in the beginning but then suddenly refused to start up and hasn't since.

running osX 10.6.8

2x 3ghz Quad Core Xeon

16bg ram

ATI Radeo 5770 HD

Thanks for any advice!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which SpeedGrade version is installed ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version 6.0.4

I agreed to a general Adobe app update a day or two ago, where among others After Effects was updated.

I actually don't know if Speedgrade was updated as well at the same time.

This is via Creative Cloud.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to take a look at SpeedGrade logs. Sent you a PM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines