• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Widget Factory, gotoSlide(), how to go to nextslide?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem may be a laughably easy fix (at least I'm hoping so) but I am using widget factory to build a csutom widget through flash and I can get gotoSlide() to work no problem if I put in a label or number but I cannot get it to just go to the next Slide! Does anyone know how this works? I was sorting through all the documentation and found currentFrame and slideNumber variables but they just don't seem to want to play nice with me.

I plan on creating a whole custom playbar so I was also wondering if I would have access to thigns like the audio toggle and the table of contents slider through widget factory? thanks to anyone who knows!

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the documentation for that function:

http://www.infosemantics.com.au/widgetfactory/doco/widgetfactory/StaticWidget.html#gotoSlide()

Do you have accessibility turned on?

Another way to do this would be to set the standard cpCmnd variables to do your navigation. 

Jim Leichliter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want a list with system variables: http://blog.lilybiri.com/system-variables-in-captivate-6

The new variables in CP7 are described in: http://blog.lilybiri.com/system-variables-in-captivate-6

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jim,

Yes, accessibility is turned on and gotoSlide() itself is working just fine. I can put in any number or label and it works great. I jsut want it to go to the next slide.

I guess my question would be how do I set up and access those cpCMnd variables to do my navigation?

Hi LilyBiri,

Thank you for the reply. I'm sure this list will come in handy once I can get access to those variables. I can't seem to load variables from another package through the widget factory one though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be a better way, but here's how I've done this:

//Get Cp MainTimeLine as object(Can only do this at runtime)

var objCp:Object = captivateMainTimeline as Object;

objCp.cpEISetValue("cpCmndNextSlide", 1);

Jim Leichliter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jim, thank you for getting back with me!

I placed the code in my 'onclick' function and I don't receive an error however it doesn't seem to do anything once it's actually in captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you're not running into any Flash security issues when testing from your local hard drive.  I usually test from a web server where the web address begins with http and ends in .htm or .html.

You also may want to utilize the logger to debug any issues you may have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2014 Mar 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, I wanted to thank you for your time on this. I was able to figure it out and I went from there and was able to build most of the things in my playbar. I was able to get there using this article. It helped me make the calls to the variables I needed http://www.cpguru.com/adobe-captivate-5-system-variables/

Now I just need to figure out if I can reach the advanced actions and scripts from flash and i'll be all set!

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still on CP5? I gave you a link to the system variables in 6 and 7. Some have changed, some were added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using Captivate 7 and seeing all the updated variables from your link, I can see they've all been updated. However, the link I provided showed me how to get the variables to be recognized and called into flash for my playbar/widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources