Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application Verification Failed

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have 2 apps. One of them is working well, and I updated it using Flash CC, and AIR 4.0.0.1390. The other app had some issues, so I did an update, but I accidentally put the wrong file up to the app store. It's broken. I tried to do an update, but it says: Application Verification Failed. I spent lots of time making sure I had the correct certificate and provisioning profile, but it still didn't work.

So I went back to the working app, used the verified working certificate and provisioning profile, and it still doesn't work, getting the same error. I've since tried various updates to AIR: 4.0.0.1619, 4.0.0.1628, and 13.0.0.61 (today). Please let me know what else I can try.

Thanks

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem. I'm doing an educational app for iPad. When testing everything is fine, but when I choose Apple App store deployment, I get this error. Earlier I've created a simple app in Flash CS6 and now it's in the App Store (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chat-ideas/id847692637?mt=8) But now when using CC I get this error. I'm not sure what causes this, but I tried generationg new certificates, provisioning profiles and my bundle ID's look correct. I even tried making a new empty project and I also get this error! Can't find how to fix this. I need to send my app for review in about maximum of 2 days. I need it to get approved before 2'nd of May not even a day later. If anyone knows how to fix this please help. Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you update a provisioning profile after having renewed your certificate, you have to select the certificate again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! But I just registered for iOS developer program 2 months ago so I didn't renew my certificates yet. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You had just said this:

"I'm not sure what causes this, but I tried generating new certificates”

That made me think you had generated a new certificate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I have just generated new provosioning profile, now generation a new certificate, hope that will work. Sorry for incorrect information and thank you very much for helping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wouldn’t normally need to regenerate the certificate. Make sure that your provisioning profile is a Distribution one, App Store, and that the certificate you have selected is a distribution certificate, not a development one.

The P12 you use in Flash would also need to come from that distribution certificate. These days I don’t even bother with using development certificates or profiles, it’s easy enough to use the distribution ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Everything is distribution, regenerated certificate and connected it to provisioning profile, but still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used my developing certificate and publishing provisioning profile, and the app launced on my iPad using the App Store publishing mode! Now I'll try to upload it using the Application Loader and will write the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty sure that can only work if the provisioning profile is also development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, It launches on the device but Application Loader just showed error: ERROR ITMS-9000: "Invalid Code Signing. The executable 'Payload/Physics App.app/Physics App' must be signed with the certificate that is contained in the provisioning profile." at SoftwareAssets/SoftwareAsset (MZItmspSoftwareAssetPackage). The provisioning profile is linked with another certificate. With my previous app I had no problems. I need to find a way to solve it since I need my app to be live on App Store before May 2'nd. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could check to make sure that you are using the latest version of your provisioning file. If you have done this over and over, you will have several copies of the file, and only the one you connected with your new distribution certificate will work. Make sure you have the right copy selected in Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dmytro,

I'm glad to know that I am not the only one with this problem. Please let me knof if you have solved this problem. I need to get my app out too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used my publishing certificate and provisioning profile, I still couldn't get it launched on the device using the App Store mode, I think that possibly it shouldn't run on device when publishing for App Store. I uploaded it using Application loader, and it didn't show me any errors, I hope that it won't get rejected because Apple reviewers couldn't run it, Application Loader shows if there are some errors, so everything  should be fine! Good luck! Just send it to App Store, don't try to test it. I'll write if my app is approved or rejected.

Good luck! )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2014 Apr 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try and test your .ipa on your iPad, by copying it using iTunes? When I did that, it wouldn't install properly. It started, then it just got stuck and wouldn't complete the installation. Did your .ipa file run on your iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to test it, but not using iTunes, I used the built in feature in Flash CC  for it to automatically install, so then I was getting that error. I generated new certificate and provisioning profile and it still didn't work, so I tried just loading it in Application Loader, everything was fine and I didn't get any errors. But the App Store .ipa still wasn't running on my iPad, everything is fine when I choose testing mode. My app is waiting for review, and I hope that it will be approved. As soon as it gets accepted or rejected I'll write back here! Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your .ipa won't run on your iPad, I don't think it will run when Apple tests it. The Application Loader doesn't check if it will run correctly on the iPad. It checks for other errors. You might want to check if it will run on your iPad. I can generate an .ipa file without errors from Flash CC, by not asking it to auto-install. But the .ipa that is generated will not run on my iPad, even if there are no errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have seen cases where the App Store final build doesn’t work on your device, and you submit it, and all is ok. If you had previously done an Ad Hoc test on that device, then the App Store one may have worked. Either way, it should still work for Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I published a version with the development types: Device Testing, Device Debugging, Ad Hoc, and Apple App Store. None of them run on my iPad. This is a known working app, with a known working certificate and provisioning profile. I used these to create the app currently on the App Store. Even if I submit through the Application Loader, and it works, this is unacceptable. How are developers supposed to test their app, if it won't run on an iPad? Adobe needs to fix this. This is a serious problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn’t matter which of those types you used for testing, if you were using an App Store provisioning profile. If you were able to run apps using an App Store provisioning profile, which by its nature is not associated with any particular device, you would be able to sell your app directly to users, and cut out Apple completely.

For testing, use an Ad Hoc distribution provisioning profile. You can still build the app for App Store, and it will work on your devices. The change at the end from Ad Hoc provisioning to App Store provisioning doesn’t change anything in the app, except for the permissions about what devices are allowed to run the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a development provisioning profile, and a distribution certificate, and that didn't run. So I tried again with a development certificate also, and that worked. So it seems that you need to test using development certificates and profiles, then release to the App Store with Distribution certificates and provisioning profiles. Is this what you are saying?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can use an Ad Hoc distribution profile and build to any of the modes, so long as you’re using it alongside your distribution certificate. Then when you submit you’re only changing from Ad Hoc to App Store, and not from development to distribution.

I read somewhere that there are differences in Xcode between using a distribution and development profile, but for Flash they both seem to work the same way. So I tend to use Sd Hoc distribution all the time, until I submit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean byt Ad Hoc distribution profile. I only have Development and Distribution, when I go to the Developer website. I only know Ad Hoc to mean one of the Deployment types that you can build. Could you please explain?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While logged in to your iPhone developer account, go to this page:

https://developer.apple.com/account/ios/profile/profileCreate.action

You’ll se that you can choose to make a Development/iOS App Development profile, or you can Distribution/App Store, or Distribution/Ad Hoc. I’m talking about Distribution/Ad Hoc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never use Ad Hoc profiles, so I didn't remember that it was one of the options you can select. I guess I will have to use them now. I just tested my new app on my iPad, and it worked, so I just submitted to the AppStore, waiting for approval. Thanks for your help, Colin. Adobe still has a lot of fixes to make for AIR to be a complete solution for Flash developers. I'm glad that there are workarounds, until they get things working as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines