• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Dreamweaver CC keep crashing!!!

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver CC keeps crashing!!!

Randomly,  Dreamweaver CC pops up error message.

"Adobe Dreamweaver is not responding" with 3 option.

1. "Check for solution and close program" or 2. "Close program" or 3. "Wait for the progeam to respond". I selected the "Wait" option a couple times. Waited for over 15 minutes and it never recovered. The best option left was to  "Check for solution and close program". The program closed and I lost all my unsaved work. This happens all the time. At least 2-3 times in a 6 hour session. About 6 pages open and doing nowing out of the ordinary. Long time Dreamweaver user.. Nothing much else running in the background. 6 month old laptop and it used to happen on my last laptop.

I'm only working with standard html files with arial font, not {}, not Fluid Grid, and no media queries is css.

Been working on this for over 6 months. Thought CC would get it fixed. The msvcr100.dll is the original version. Double checked. Been deleting the DW cache regularly.. 

Search all adobe support including this one: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5630415#5630415#5630415

Additionally it appears windows 8 is store my adobe files here. C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\Dreamweaver.exe.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\memory.hdmp"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\triagedump.dmp"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\WERInternalMetadata.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE78D.tmp\AppCompat.txt"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Adobe\XMP\File Info\4.0\work\FileInfoPrefs.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Adobe\XMP\File Info\4.0\work\FileInfoLibraryPrefs.xml"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\AdobeDownload\DLM.log"

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Temp\AdobeDownload\DLM_Native.log"

• WIndows 8 version 6.2 (build 9200)
  • 64-bit Operating System x64-based processor.
  • 4th generation Intel® Core™ i7-4700MQ Processor
  • 16GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M Graphics with 2048MB of dedicated video
  • 1TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

Below is the error message.

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

ADOBE REPORT

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: Dreamweaver.exe

Application Version: 13.2.0.6466

Application Timestamp: 52a8e373

Hang Signature: 68d8

Hang Type: 0

OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Hang Signature 1: 68d81c0b8c76a928b9599171c1ee38ab

Additional Hang Signature 2: a04c

Additional Hang Signature 3: a04c3811fce2b1f51c8b6128fd075f9b

Additional Hang Signature 4: 68d8

Additional Hang Signature 5: 68d81c0b8c76a928b9599171c1ee38ab

Additional Hang Signature 6: a04c

Additional Hang Signature 7: a04c3811fce2b1f51c8b6128fd075f9b

MICROSOFT REPORT

Description

Faulting Application Path:          C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC\Dreamweaver.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name:          APPCRASH

Application Name:          Dreamweaver.exe

Application Version:          13.2.0.6466

Application Timestamp:          52a8e373

Fault Module Name:          MSVCR100.dll

Fault Module Version:          10.0.40219.325

Fault Module Timestamp:          4df2be1e

Exception Code:          40000015

Exception Offset:          0008d6fd

OS Version:          6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID:          1033

Additional Information 1:          8f36

Additional Information 2:          8f36287b943d1cd6a6f46a3560655074

Additional Information 3:          e3e8

Additional Information 4:          e3e8d866a67186d01ba130d33f96d207

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 153 Replies 153
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@batteryboy

We deeply regret the fact that you are inconvenienced by the crashes and thanks for all the info that you have shared ,what would help us more is if you can describe your workflow

1. can you plese share your approximate steps when you encountered the crash

2. A screencast of the same would be all the more useful

And if you can share the crsh dumps with us , this would provide us the relevant info about the crash more the other data that you shared .Please follow the below steps to obtain crash dumps on Windows

Create the following registry entries at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting[LocalDumps]

Note : The registry key LocalDumps is not created by default

Add two registry values under LocalDumps as

Name: DumpFolder

Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ

Data:%LOCALAPPDATA%[CrashDumps]

Name:DumpType

Type:REG_DWORD

Data:1

When the application crashes you will find the crash dump at D:\Users[UserName]\AppData\Local\CrashDumps

And please share the Crash Dumps with us

..Harish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you for your quick response....

Yet another crash... 5 hours later....

It happens most often when I'm working fast.

Registry created.. dump files quite large.. where do I send them... I dont see a file upload option here?

I think you mean C: and not D:

"C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\CrashDumps\Dreamweaver.exe.17592.dmp"

9,767KB

Photo Attached

Screenshot (25).jpg

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:          APPCRASH

Application Name:          Dreamweaver.exe

Application Version:          13.2.0.6466

Application Timestamp:          52a8e373

Fault Module Name:          MSVCR100.dll

Fault Module Version:          10.0.40219.325

Fault Module Timestamp:          4df2be1e

Exception Code:          40000015

Exception Offset:          0008d6fd

OS Version:          6.2.9200.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID:          1033

Additional Information 1:          8f36

Additional Information 2:          8f36287b943d1cd6a6f46a3560655074

Additional Information 3:          e3e8

Additional Information 4:          e3e8d866a67186d01ba130d33f96d207

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@battery boy : Can you please mail the .dmp file to vharisatadobedotcom ,

alos please share the test files and the approximate steps you were upto when it crashed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two dump files on there way.... Let me know if you don't receive them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same problem here, randomly doing the same crash when I'm changing code and it updates the design view. (Seemingly)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm narrowing it down. Had 2 more crashes today. It seems to happen just a little while after I open up my master template and make a change, and then update all pages. (315 pages total) Right after i update all the pages it starts. It start choking on other commands. The mouses turns into that little blue looping circle - which it does then the computer or program is thinking (windows 8).  It  starts pausing longer and longer with each edit to basic html pages. Then after 5 to 10 minutes it crashes as stated above. Going to experiment more this week.

Does anyone else experience crashing or chuging and choking after a template update all pages???

vharis are you still following this issue. I have 2 more dumb files to send you. Should I use the same address.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2014 Feb 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Templates are not really meant to support more than about 50 pages.    When your site  exceeds that threshold, it's time to start using server-side technologies like SSIs and/or Database driven content.  This will significantly reduce the strain on DW and your local computer resources.

See Server-Side Includes

http://www.smartwebby.com/web_site_design/server_side_includes.asp

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2014 Feb 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Nancy O. recommends (which I support), your post makes it sound as if you have multiple templates for this site, and perhaps even nested templates. Are either of those true?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2014 Feb 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a particularly informative or helpful response. Of course there are superior methods to manage such data. We are talking about maintaining old legacy sites. Please direct such suggestions to "best practices for design and development". But, no Adobe web management application should crash on 300 pages using templates.

To: vharis - sending you more dump files.

Any update on this issue?

Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2014 Mar 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this is getting rediculous... Adobe Dreamweaver still keeps crashing. Today I'm in a simple 2 page website for just 10 minutes, boom. "Adobe Dreamweaver is not responding"   1. "Check for solution and close program" or 2. "Close program" .

What was I doing?

I just booted up about an hour ago, nothing else running in the background. Opened DW and opened a two page website. Opened index.html and saved it to a new name. Added a <div> with a class and inserted a <p> with text. Navigated to the external style sheet and hand coded the style. Started editing the <p>and boom "Adobe Dreamweaver is not responding"  window pop's up.

Come on adobe, lets get this fixed. I had about 4 crashes in the last week. If you need I will record my screen and post on youtube so you can see when it happens.

I have all the errors log files as set by your guidelines above. Who is following up with this.

Where do I send the error logs ?

, just editing a simple style sheet and

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2014 Mar 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a test, create a new, blank html document (no templates).  SaveAs test.html.  Edit HTML and CSS.  Does DW crash during any of this?

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have same problem with CC, only in Dreamweaver. Following thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

For all users that are facing this problem despite following instructions from our experts, feel free to send me a private message with the following details: Your Adobe ID, Location, and Contact details. Also, the time at which you would like ot be contacted.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have canceled my CC account. I or should I say, your customers should not have to troubleshoot your software that we are paying for. I urge others that are having problems to search these forums as they may just be chasing their tails trying to resolve the Dreamweaver No Response issue.

Type in Dreamweaver crashing in these forums and find the thread (Side by Side). This is just one of the  problems I have along with others. They are saying they have a fix for side by side and it will be released with the next release of Dreamweaver which they also say they don't know when it will come out. What if this does not fix the crashing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2014 Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alaska Guide,

Thank you for your inputs. It will help us in strengthening our internal systems. We are sad to see you go, but I urge you to trial version of the next update when it is released and see if your problems were fixed. That way, you can reconsider your options.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be yet another “Broken Brand”!

I feel you Alaska !!!  I feel the same way. I think this Adobe is over it’s head in understanding this cloud technology. They jumped into it making all sorts of fallen promises  just wanting our $49 per month.

You can’t believe how  much work I have put into trying to help them fix these  problems

I’m now afraid to make any changes to my sites using Dreamweaver in fear of another malfunction resulting in messing up an entire site. Last time it crashed I had to reattach the template to  200 pages - one by one.

I don't understand what the people at adobe are thinking.

I finally reached out to Abobe support in this post: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6239493

In this instance, I spent over 6 hour following adobe specific technical directions on how to capture all the log file they suggested I configure to capture the crashing problem I am continually experiencing. Afterwards I forward an Adobe technician  the log file with to response or fix.

Then even worst, I spend more time capturing more logs (because it is now crashing daily) and fully outlining my PC environment and configuration, and sending more log files only to have my emails be rejected.

Now I'm fearing Abode will  just cancel my account for posting these complaints.

But what's a developer to do. I have over 20 sites dependent on this software.

I'm definitely looking at solutions that are less dependent on DW functioning correctly.

Drupal is currently looking like a good solution.

I manage over 20 sites for local customers and it would be a tremendous amount of work but living with DW always crashing is unacceptable. And who knows if the next versions of DW will not experience the same problems. I think they need to spend a few extra dollars and hire some better software engineers. I don't think they quite know what they are doing with this new cloud services environment.

I thinks Google’s top new secret "Cloud Website Development Kit" might end up being a better solution. I think it's going  to be married to Google Webmaster Tools. That's the direction and reason for all the recent rapid Webmaster Tools improvement in the web performance tools site.

Google.. Gota love them.. They seem to always get it right ad fully understand the future of the cloud.

Bottom line: These design tools like DW and PS should be out of the box dependable. Continual crashes with 100’s of complaints is totally unacceptable.

Nothing that diminishes a brands value and kills a company faster than inferior products and lack of support.  "Broken Brands" good read: “How the Tech Parade Passed Sony”  By Hiroko Tabuchi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi batteryboy1,

Rest assured we don't cancel anyone's account because of their criticism of our products. The CC allows us to fix bugs and provide features much faster than boxed versions for which you would have to wait for close to a year and half for some of the fixes.

If there is a bug you feel strongly about, use the form https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform to let us know. You could also share information with me after you have posted the bug so that I can follow up with the team later.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues. Frustrated at "Not responding" of the latest 2015 Dreamweaver CC. Many times the screen froze for several minutes while working on HTML file. What to do now? Reinstall this software? Is there any update to fix this frustrating problem? June 25, 2015 2 pm. Please help by emailing to me at shivjhawar@gmail.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I thought that I was the only one!!!

Since moving to CS5.5 and Windows 7, now 8. I experience frequent freezes. I click the close button, end session and reload and start where I left off. In addition I have to save frequently so that the lost data is minimalised. Have looked to move to another product but there does not appear to be a direct competitor. 

I have about 20 sites for customers which are a mix of .asp and .php. I have recently moved to .php because my hosting company is ending support for .asp connections. I have also moved to MySQL. Trying to get .asp to connect with MySQL is a nightmare compared to php, yet another reason to move across but .asp did not really give me any of these new problems, freezing, very slow data connections.

Have tried the usual fixes offered on the forums, but have to put up with the freezing.

Perhaps Adobe should be writing to all its users (at least those with registered accounts) and getting some idea of the scale of the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2014 Sep 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't address the issue of customers giving you their money for something that doesn't work as it should. Adobe should offer the product free until such time as they come up with a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Dreamweaver CC crashes every time I do a search of my own files, for either text or code.  I really hope someone gets an answer sometime!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues. 

Mostly occurs when DW updating remote server.

I have played around with the ftp settings etc. bot no change.

I can have 5 crashes in 10 minutes just trying to complete the same action!

Win 8.1 64Bit, latest CC.

I can send crash logs if it helps.

Thinking about going back to CodeCharge as DW and extensions is just too prone to crash....and yes I have recreated the Config folder umpteen times including deleting the cache file etc etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven,

I would not be able to interpret the logs. When it crashes frequently I switch to a file upload program on another PC which sends the files up without problem. I am working with another company on a project where we have our own server on the internet and this would constantly crash or refuse to return tables. I then created a development area for the same site on a shared server with another ISP. This works to a point, still have some crashes, but generally get by. I then copy the file over to the live folder and DW sends them up without a problem, again reinforcing the connection script error issue.

We spent some time analysing the reason why our own server would not accept DW traffic. We concluded it was the server side connection scripts that were the issue. We also think the broadband speed can be an issue, mine is only 3u/05d.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul.

I will try using an ftp program.  It works ok on a local server using file transfers, just seems to crash regularly with ftp.

I use alot of DMXZone extensions and these are quite often updated as well when I make a change.

Using an external ftp program is more time consuming because there is no sync function i.e. usually have to update everything to then test.

I suppose if you factor in restarting DW when it crashes and lost or corrupted work it should work out in the long run.

Hopefully Adobe visits the forum and can offer some advice.

I appreciate your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines