Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH10 and setting the start page does not work

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have trouble with setting the start page for a WebHelp project. In the options for the WebHelp I can set the output directory but RH ignores my setting for the start page. What RH does, is creating a directory with the name of the .htm I provided. Maybe I'm forgetting something.

My input looks like this:

C:\tmp\rb\name.htm

RH creates the WebHelp like this

C:\tmp\rb\name.htm\Project_Title.htm

I've read the manual about this and I'm still clueless, why RH does not recognize my start page entry.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name of the start page is defined in the first page of the layout. In new projects it defaults to index.htm but you can change it to whatever you want. Projects in older versions of Rh used the Project Title by default but again you can change it in the layout configuration.

Don't confuse the start page title with the default topic. The first is the tripane page that opens and the latter is the topic displayed in the main frame.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.

To clarify my problem: I am at the first page of the layout configuration and there is the "Output Folder And Start Page" option. Like you said, RH defaults to creating the project title as start page (something like "MyProjectTitle.htm").

Now when I try to change this by entering something like "NewTitle.htm" (with the directories included, of course), RH does not create a NewTitle.htm. It does create the following:

C:\tmp\NewTitle.htm\MyProjectTitle.htm

I am wondering, why RH does not change the MyProjectTitle.htm to NewTitle.htm and instead creats NewTitle.htm as a directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a WebHelp layout or a WebHelp Pro layout?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebHelp Pro

Ah, I see, there is a difference in this matter. WebHelp defaults to index.htm, while WebHelp Pro does not. So the field "Output Folder And Start Page" is handled differently between those two? And if so, how can I change the name of the starting page in WebHelp Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you actually generating to Rh Server? If not then WebHelp Pro will not work properly and should not be used. If you are, then the title of that field is misleading and you can type what you like in for a file name but it will be ignored, it has to stay as the project name, that's the way WebHelp Pro works.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see, that was the problem. I am switching to WebHelp for this project then, since no Rh Server is needed in this case.

Good to know the title of this field is misleading in Pro.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp