• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH11 navigation buttons (browse sequence) do not work for Chrome for webhelp installed on web server

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have generated webhelp using a trial version of RH11.  When the webhelp is deployed to the web server the navigation buttons (browse sequence) do not work with Google Chrome.  The buttons work correctly when the webhelp is installed on my local machine.  I experienced this same issue with RH10 and was hoping that RH11 corrected the problem.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, did you update your version with any patches? Next, is JavaScript enabled in your browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated RH10 with the patch from the following web page: http://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/webhelp-issues-robohelp-versions-10.html

I have not  applied any patches to RH11.

JavaScript is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating RH11 and regenerate the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating RH11 and regenerating help did not correct the issue.  The browse sequence buttons are not enabled (i.e. when I place the cursor over the buttons, the cursor does not change from a pointer to a hand/finger).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, that’s really strange – you say it works if the WebHelp is local, but not if it’s on a web server? If anything, I would expect the reverse with Chrome and its paranoia over local HTML files. I don’t remember if any of the sample projects that ship with RH have browse sequences, but you could try playing with them to see if the effect is “project-specific” or something that’s busted. If the sample behaves the same way, then you need to report it to Adobe using the http://www,adobe.com/go/wish form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The samples do have browse sequences.

Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried several of the Robohelp sample projects and found that the browse sequence buttons worked when deployed to the webserver.

I then created a new project with just a few topics, created the browse sequence, and then deployed to the webserver.  Still had the issue with the browse sequence navigation buttons not being enabled. 

Hmmmmmm......so I then had a look at the Generate webhelp settings....comparing the sample project with my project.  After a bit of fiddlilng, I found that the issue is with the "Add Breadcrumbs Links" under the Navigation folder for the Webhelp Settings.  When I enable breadcrumbs, the browse sequence buttons do not work.  I tried this with one of your sample projects and got the same results. 

So now I know what is causing the issue, but I don't know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL – the samples are Adobe’s, not Peter’s ;>)

Now that you’ve isolated the cause, make sure you report it as a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2014 Feb 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I said "your", I meant Adobe's not Peter's.  Great idea, BTW, Peter....to try one of the sample projects with browse sequences.  I thought it was possibly something weird that had inadvertently creeped into my project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm, @AltairLiz, it was actually me that suggested using the sample project to test the issue – Peter just confirmed that they have browse sequences to play with in them. Good work in isolating the issue ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@AltairLiz

I finally got to set up a test for this. I generated the Employee Care 2 webhelp on a new installation of RoboHelp. I have not applied the recent updates referenced in Announcements on the forum.

The browse sequences and breadcrumbs were enabled and the browse sequences and breadcrumbs both worked just fine in Chrome.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2014 Feb 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice detective work on that.

As a further test, let's try this. Assuming you want breadcrumbs to be a part of the project, does the same behavior manifest if you add a Breadcrumbs placeholder to a Master Page and associate the Master Page with the desired topics? If taking this approach, you would turn off Breadcrumbs in the Single Source Layout recipe.

I'd also hope you would take a few moments and report the issue to Adobe as a bug using the link below:

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp