• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with glossary hotspots when glossary term next to text in angle brackets <>

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone observed this problem. If so, is there a way to fix this? If I have text in angle brackets <> right next to a glossary term, and I run the Robohelp Glossary hotspot wizard, Robohelp will get confused and delete that text in the generated output . I've shown this using some screen captures. The problem appears to be that Robohelp replaces the code for the text angle brackets, &lt; and &gt; with regular angle brackets <>.

Thanks.

BEFORE RUNNING HOTSPOT WIZARD:

Capture6.gif

CORRESPONDING HTML

Capture7.gif

AFTER RUNNING HOTSPOT WIZARD

Capture8.gif

CORRESPONDING HTML

Capture9.gif

GENERATED OUTPUT

Capture10.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Yeah, that would appear to be a bug to me. Fortunately, in the editor the text is highlighted in red. So it's easy to just click on it and re-type it. (Yeah, I know we *SHOULDN'T* have to do that, but it's a workaround for the moment)

I'd suggest you report it to Adobe as a bug using the link below:

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm, ok thanks Rick. I think I will remove the glossary hotspots. My helpsets are thousands of pages, and I can't comb through it every time I run the glossary hotspot wizard. I will submit it as a bug and hope for a patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp