• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.7 crashes on start up constantly. Mac OSX 10.9

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having many issues using Flash Builder at the moment. I am using Flash Builder 4.7 on Mac OSX 10.9 (Mavericks). My Java version is Version 7 update 51. The JRE is 1.7

The first problem is that the program has begun to crash on start up. The workspace opens for a second or two and then crashes with no error or log. This is now happening constantly.

On the occasions when it does start up within around 5 minutes I receive an 'Unexpected character. " is not allowed here'. There are no characters at all at the point the error suggests.

The Problems tab says that the unexpected character is on the last line, there is only a } and then nothing following. It doesn't matter what code I am working on, this error happens on all of them. It also gives multiple sets of these errors. On one occasion there were 169 errors relating to the unexpected character.

With these errors, Flash Builder is currently unusable. I would appreciate any assistance that can be given.

I noticed on the system requirements that OSX Mavericks is not listed, does anyone know if there will be an update to Flash Builder soon?

Regards

Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone from Adobe that can help? I am finding it very difficult to get a response from anyone at Adobe. It seems unfair to be asked to purchase a support package when the software is currently unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on Mac. The Falsh builder close itself as I start the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having these issues too. Brand new macbook pro running Mavericks. Everything updated. Flash Builder is just very unstable.

• ADL keeps crashing whenever I run a test multiple times and let it sit for a few minutes.
  • Flash Builder does not like the new file system. For some reason it is trying to open folders on the system that don't exist, like when I try to import an .swc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Builder 4.7 on OSX requires Java version 1.6. Mavericks comes with Java version 1.7, so you'll need to install the older version.

You may also want to bump the specs in the "Adobe FlashBuilder 4.7.ini" file.

More information in this thread.

http://forum.starling-framework.org/topic/flash-builder-47-crashes-on-mavericks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines