• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copyright Infringement?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully someone can help on this matter...

I had been working with a client on mine building a wordpress site for them, unfortunately the project disintergrated before the site going live (project was 98% completed at the time of cancellation) and without a final payment being made (unfortunately we could not come to a mutually acceptable amount).

The client was issued with a contract at the beginning of the project which outlines that copyright of design, graphic material and all coding remains with me until a final payment is received at which time it automatically transfers to the client.

However, despite this, my ex-client has taken the website that I designed and developed (using the design, layout, graphical material and a very very large majority of the coding) and used Business Catalyst to get it live - all without copyright ownership.

I have spoken with my solicitor about this matter and she agrees that a breach of copyright has occured however the time & resources required to take this further legally is not worth the monetary value that I would get out of doing so and will just interfer with my current client work.

Is there another option available to me in order to have the site pulled down due to breach of copyright and what information do you need to to provide to do so?

Thank you in advance for your help

Chris

TOPICS
Going live

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris, I feel for you but Adobe BC would not do anything here.

That currently is a dispute by two parties, one that is unresolved and unaddressed by a court.

Without something like a confirmed court judgement etc, especially since it was done in Wordpress and Not all in BC there is nothing no one else can do about it. Adobe team may agree with you but they wont be able to action anything.

Thats for you to take legally and if you win and the other party does not comply then it is something you can look to action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines