• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Derived field from data source field

Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a first time user of BC and am planning a web app(s) to store information about running races. I understand that I can create a web app to store Events which will have a title, date, location and distance of the race and another web app which will store details about the Runner, such as name and registration date and number. I will also need another web app to store the Results of every Runner in each Event in which they participated, along with the position that they place in the Event, the time in which they completed the race, and handicap information.

Now question is am I able to store or calculate derived fields, such as: (1) a count of the number of Events in which the Runner participated; (2) a count of the number of Events in which the Runner won first place; (3) the average speed of the Runner for a particular Event (i.e. the Event's distance divided by the Runner's time for that Event); and (4) the margin of the Runner for a particular Event (i.e. the difference between the time less handicap of Result of the Runner in the Event and the time less handicap of the Runner who placed first)?

I know how to do all of the above with SQL but I don't know if it is possible in BC. I'd be satified with a solution that used javascript to process the results of an AJAX query, is there a REST API for BC?

Cheers,

Corin

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines