Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automap Paragraph Styles and Exclude combination

Mentor ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using RoboHelp 10 and FrameMaker 11 as part of TCS 4.0.

In our current version of ISF file, we have mapped FM tags to their RH counterparts individually as the RH style names are different than that of FM tags. Some of the FM tags are also marked as Exclude.

This file is up for revision and we now want to use AutoMap Paragraph Styles feature to make our life easier. I am aware that for this to work, the RH style names should be same as that of FM tags. However, can somebody please tell me how to indicate the FM tags that have to be excluded?

Thanks in advance.

Sreekanth

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2014 Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't you select automap in the conversion settings window, and then select the styles you want to exclude and exclude them manually?

Ideally, you could save the IFS so you should only have to do this once.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Psst - .isf file Willam ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Willam

If I understand right, you are suggesting me to exclude the automapped styles manually. For example, in the Conversion Settings window, I select Automap in the RH Styles list and then select the Exclude check box.

I am aware of that process. However, I want to eliminate the process of automapping (and exluding) each style manually. What I am expecting is, if I select the Automap Paragraph Styles check box shown in the screenshot below, there should be some way to make RH understand which styles should be excluded.

RH_AutomapParaStyles.jpg

Sreekanth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp