• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generated WebHelp whcshdata.js file often linking to incorrect pages

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2014 Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Technical Communication Suite 4. I author in FrameMaker 11, then link the FrameMaker books to RoboHelp HTML (RoboHelp 10) to single-source WebHelp output. The WebHelp is attached to our software product. In FrameMaker, to add a context-sensitive Help marker, I “apply the CSH marker”, which is really my Map ID. I "Update All" whenever I make changes. Then I generate WebHelp.

I am finding that I must modify my whcshdata.js file each time I generate the WebHelp. In multiple (but not all) statements of whcshdata.js, I must change the number at the end of a statement (see below).

As one example, for CSH marker OS14, the statement was:

SetCsh(18,"OS14",12,"MN_User/MN_User_A_Organization_Settings/Notifications.htm#CSH_23");

Now I have to change it to:

SetCsh(18,"OS14",12,"MN_User/MN_User_A_Organization_Settings/Notifications.htm#CSH_22");

Is there an automated way to fix this issue? In RoboHelp, do I need to edit the Map IDs to correspond with their designated topics, and will that automatically fix the whcshdata.js file?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you need to do manually? Do you need to add the numbers, or do you need to amend them to make them work?

Also, before generation, are the settings correct in the RoboHelp project? (Project Set-up > Context-Sensitive Help > Map Files > All Map IDs) Or do you see the same problem in RoboHelp?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lucy_Kajimoto - you shouldn't have to edit that file at all. I use the FM to RH import route with CSH FM markers that have my mapid in them. The All Map IDs file in RH shows the linking between the FM marker mapid and the CSH # and topic just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, William and Jeff, for your replies. You are correct – we do not need to edit the whcshdata.js file at all. To resolve this issue, we must “lock” the BSSCDefault.h file. When “unlocked,” this .h file auto-generates and sometimes changes the mapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp