• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you edit the carousel app URL link?

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2012 Jul 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://bodyfuseusa.worldsecuresystems.com

I built a site off the Adora template.  Using the Carousel app.(home page image changing)  What sucks about this is you can't edit the URL the active image leads to.  It has to point into the carousel folder (which I tried to change in the app) and it creates a page on the fly (that you can't find or edit).  It's super frustrating.  I'm trying to get this site launched and this is holding me up.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I only briefly looked at the .js to try to find where it points.

Other things I tried.

- Editing the app, and changing the URL it points to (can't change the folder name)

- Trying to add a field to point to instead of the one it does.  (beyond me and didn't want to rewrite the whole app) 

This really shouldn't be hard and I'm sure somebody knows an easy solution that I can't see because I've been looking at it too long.

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understood what you need to edit. If this link is what you need to change - http://screencasteu.worldsecuresystems.com/Mihai/2012-07-31_1707.png (the link you go to when clicking the slideshow slides) here is how you can edit it:

-go to the webapp items page - http://bodyfuseusa.worldsecuresystems.com/AdminConsole/#!/Admin/CustomContent_ItemList.aspx?CustomCo...

-the webapp items you see in the list are each a slide of the slideshow

-open up the D-Mass item for example and you can edit the "" field - that is the link the slide points to. You can change it to anything.

Sorry if I totally misunderstood your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2012 Aug 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that didn't work. I made due by somewhat duplicating the page and making a link to the real page.  You couldn't even add modules to that page. 

I appreciate you trying though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to bump this thread because I am having the same problem you're having.

It's really a weird oversight. The carousel is completely useless if it can't link directly to a product page. I've tried everything you've tried. Even copying and placing the product (via admin manage panel) in a "carousel" root folder, but BC just creates a "carousel_01" folder so that it doesn't rewrite in the original carousel folder.

It's just stupid. Everything is intelligently designed, except this. We need someone to look into it.

I'm not a developer, I'm a sole designer with a bit of copy paste knowledge. Until now I've been able to work through any issues, but this one is doing my head in.

Here's my page - http://bestinscotland04.businesscatalyst.com/

If you click any carousel image on the first page, it only goes to a special "carousel" page, which is totally useless. I suppose I could re-create each ad I want to make a special carousel image for, but that doubles work and down the line it will also mess with inventory.

I'd prefer a clean solution, rather than a jerry rig.

Thanks anyone for any help.

P.S. Here's a pic: bc.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I understood right, following thread has an answer for you. Make a slider link to a root-relative or arbitrary URL?I just got it working on our site following the instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines