• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Domain Causing site formatting issues

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have designed my site in Adobe Muse. It was working perfectly with the BC trial domain: sarahruby2014.businesscatalyst.com

I have added my custom domain: www.sarahrubydesign.com

When you view the site with the custom domain, the formatting on several pages, including the home page is messed up. However, the formatting remains pristine when sarahruby2014.businesscatalyst.com is used.

To add the custom domain, I had to delete it from a legacy website, which I did.

Then I went into my GoDaddy records (via Google, since I registered my domain through Google). I changed the name servers:

domain1.jpg
I added the domain to my current site:
domain2.png
I have no doubt there's something I missed.
Thanks for any help.
TOPICS
Going live

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a .com it can take up to 24 hours to propergate the domain. Seems fine there, You just need to give it some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Liam.

I was actually able to fix the majority of the formatting issues by republishing the site from Muse and selecting "upload all files" option (instead of "upload only modified files").

The only place I'm now having issues is on the BC backend. Everything with stylesheets on the backend (news module, login block) and the url for the blog have still not updated. 

I suppose I should wait that out a little longer to see if it all updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out that I was able to get the CSS from the backend to update by going into the stylesheet, making a minor change, and then resaving it.

Everything now looks great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Domain will never effect how your site looks as a note Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I didn't think so.... that's why it seemed so strange to me and I figured I must have set something wrong. Thanks for the follow up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines