• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activating Adobe Photoshop on Windows 8.1

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I went to activate Photoshop on my new laptop yesterday. A screen appeared that asked me to fill in my e-mail address (<Removed by Moderator> my UK postcode, and to accept the two options required by EU regulations. Having filled in the details, a message appeared saying I would be e-mailed an Activation Code. I have not yet received the e-mail, 24 hours later. Am I missing something?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the forum for Photoshop questions; this is the forum for Photoshop.com, the website.

I would check to make sure that the email was not caught in your system's spam filter, and make sure that that email is receiving mail by sending a test message to it. If it's anything more than either of those options, I'll move this message over to the Photoshop forum and hopefully you could  find someone to offer assistance there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark; I did wonder about my e-mail address, so I successfully sent myself an e-mail. I also have received your e-mail, which has adobe in its address, so I don't think it's being filtered out. Sorry, I didn't realise which was the correct forum, so if you could pass the question over, I'd be grateful. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mikethetaxi which version of Photoshop are you referring too?  I am not familiar with the screens you are referring too.  You can find more information regarding how activation works with our Adobe Creative software titles at Activation & deactivation help - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivation-products.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff. The version is Photoshop Album Starter v 3.0. I posted the same query on the Photoshop General Discussion forum and got the following answer: "

Yes. You are trying to use a product that has been dead for a decade and the servers have long been shut off. You need to think of something else.

mylenium"

Not necessarily helpful, but it may be a clue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mikethetaxi I am sorry but yes it is no longer possible to activate Photoshop Album Starter Edition.  You can find more information at Photoshop Album Starter Edition support withdrawal FAQ - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/photoshop-album-starter-edition-support.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines