Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using RoboHelp10 and ClearCase8

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2013 Feb 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to use ClearCase8 as the source control with RoboHelp10. I have ClearCase installed on my machine, and I have RoboHelp installed.

In the toolbar for source control, I see the option to Add the project to source control. When I click that button, a window appears with ClearCase listed. I select it, and click OK, the window closes, and then nothing happens. I must be missing a step to tie the two together. Any idea what it could be?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

RoboHelp can connect to many source control systems using the MSSCCI provider. Make sure that you have that installed.

There are several articles on using (other) source control systems that may be a good starting point:

- Subersion: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/robohelp_subversion.html

- TFS: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/robohelp-tfs-integration.html

- http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/perforce-integration.html

I don't use ClearCase8 myself, so I don't know about any specific settings for ClearCase8.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you William.

I passed that information on to our tech group, but it unfortunately wasn't specific enough to Clearcase. I still cannot get the products to connect to one another.

Thanks,

Timothy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Timothy, I'm on a project trying to do the same thing you are...integrate RH10 and ClearCase 8. Were you able to work through this?

Does anyone else have insight on these integrating these specific programs?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No we could not get ClearCase to work at all with RoboHelp 10. Adobe wasn't familiar enough with ClearCase to assist us, unfortunately. It became a "it should work... but it doesn't" scenario.

So our online help is stored in Microsoft Visual Studio.

If you do get CC and RH to play well together I'd love to know how you got it to work.

Timothy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I'm in the same boat. Not working for us either. Thank you Timothy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp