Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having problems connecting Coldfusion10 with sql server express 2012

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having problems setting up a datasource for a local sql express 2012 server. Its running as the default instance. Connections are working with ODBC and client told just not Coldfusion.

When I try to set up a connection using the sql driver I get this error:

Connection verification failed for data source: Leaf

java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: 127.0.0.1:1433. Reason: Invalid argument: connect

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: 127.0.0.1:1433. Reason: Invalid argument: connect

When I try a Socket connection with an ODBC connection I setup in windows I get this error:

Connection verification failed for data source: LeafDB

java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver]Internal network error, connection closed.

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][SequeLink JDBC Driver]Internal network error, connection closed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a former PC technician, the first rule of troubleshooting is "check your connections".  Not just the physical connections.  Make sure that there isn't a firewall interfering with the connectivity.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rossco199,

The issue is likely caused by you not having yet assigned port 1433 in SQL Express itself. Follow the procedure described on the following page, and you should solve the problem: http://www.tensixconsulting.com/2012/02/sqlserverexception-the-tcpip-connection-to-the-host-port-143...

In particular, remember to assign port 1433 to 127.0.0.1 and to IPAll. Also set 'Active' and 'Enabled' to 'Yes' for the IP 127.0.0.1. While you're at it, if 'Named Pipes' is disabled, you should right-click on it and select 'enable'. Afterwards, restart the Windows service 'SQL Server(SQLEXPRESS)'.

It is advisable to allow ColdFusion server authentication. However, the SQL Express server is configured by default to allow only Windows authentication. This conflict may lead to errors.

Should you then encounter the dreaded Error 233: "No process is on the other end of the pipe", proceed as follows. Open the tool Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. Right-click on the name of your database server, then on Properties. In the user interface that opens, click on Security. Select the combined 'SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode'. Restart the service 'SQL Server(SQLEXPRESS)'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How are you getting on, Rossco199? I, too, found that installing SQL Server Express 2012 on ColdFusion can be quite a challenge. If you are still having problems, let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation