• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tutorial on RoboSource Control?

Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Where can I find a good tutorial/manual on RoboSource Control? The help included with the source control is pretty cryptic to say the least.

I managed to install RoboSource Control, and my team has been using it all these years. But I've never delved into the more powerful features like Pinning, Tagging, Branching, whatnot. As our team consists of multiple writers working on the same project, the source control works transparently, enabling us to complete our task, but I've been rather scared of doing anything more than that.

The help doesn't say much. Nor does Google.

Any help, pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ajay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2014 Mar 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet-archive/robohelp/articles/robosource.html

It's for an older version, but the routine should be the same.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 04, 2014 Apr 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks William! I'll go thru it and let you know.

In the meantime I've been going thru the online help @ http://help.adobe.com/en_US/RoboSourceControl/8.0/

and this is the kind of meaningless/ambigous sentences it has:

• View Type The overall view can be designated as share, read-only, or branch. Creating a view and setting its type to branch performs the same operation as creating a branch in version 2 of RoboSource Control."

Now what does that mean?! Especially to a person who has not used any version earlier than 3.1? Not that the help is comprehensive or anything...

Regards,

Ajay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp