• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade from RH8 to RH9 displays error msg for images/hyperlinks

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We imported a RH8 project into RH9 on another computer. For the most part, it went smoothly; however, for some images and hyperlinks, we get the message: The image file "___.jpg" used in "______.htm" is outside of the current project and will not be shown in Project Manager.

Additionally, there are approximately 20 broken links displayed in the Broken Links tab.

Your suggestions would be appreciated as we have multple huge projects we need to upgrade. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2014 Apr 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

For each of the messages about the image being outside the project, you will need to carefully note the image file name, the topic and the location it is reporting. Then you will need to edit the topic and click on the image icon and browse to the image to choose it. That action should correct the link and copy the image into your project.

Broken links will have to be resolved on a "link by link" basis. I was assisting someone else in a different thread and it may be of use to you. Click the link below to view that thread.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2014 Apr 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI,

I received the following email from the Adobe RoboHelp User Forum in response to my post about error messages.

It looks like I'm going to have a fun time when my huge projects get upgraded to RoboHelp 9 ...

Janis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are referring to? If you tried attaching something, the forum software strips it off..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Jeff

I have not used the forum before. I will not attach emails in the future.

I tried to respond to Captiv8r, but my response did not display.

Unfortunately, Captiv8r's suggestion did not work. I am assuming it is because the referenced images and hyperlinks are in a different project on a different computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

When I am in the topic in question, have clicked on the image icon, and browse to find it, the image is not there. In some cases, the image was copied from another project which has not been upgraded to RH9 yet. When the second project is upgraded, will the image display? The same is true for the hyperlinks that do not display. The projects are on different computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r,

Thank you for your response.

When I am in the topic in question, have clicked on the image icon, and browse to find it, the image is not there. In some cases, the image was copied from another project on another computer that has not been upgraded to RH9 yet. When the second project is upgraded and is on the same computer with the first one, will the image display? The same is true for the hyperlinks that do not display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp