• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AMS 5.0.4 on Amazon cant access conf file

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the user guide at www.adobe.com/go/ams_on_aws_help, it says the conf files can be accessed. They seamed to be locked. The new amazon ami's files are now locked. In the 5.0.3 they were not.  I've even changed the permissions to 777.

this seams to also effect the command prompt box will not let me change the username and password to access the AMS console.  Step by step instruction needed please.

Any help, Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that you are logged in into ami under user amsadmin...And in order to modify files assocciated with other users, you must use sudo or similar commands to elevate the privileges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2014 Apr 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is what I am using from putty and linux command prompts all with 'sudo' prefix to each line

My AMS is running on amazon ec2 instance. and port 1111 is in the security group that runs the ec2.

#!/bin/bash

sed -i "s/^SERVER.ADMIN_USERNAME.*=/SERVER.ADMIN_USERNAME = toprankwrestling/" /opt/adobe/ams/conf/ams.ini

sed -i "s/^SERVER.ADMINSERVER_HOSTPORT.*=/SERVER.ADMINSERVER_HOSTPORT = :1111/" /opt/adobe/ams/conf/ams.ini

chown ams:ams /opt/adobe/ams/conf/ams.ini

sed -i "s/HttpStreamingFragMaxAge -1/HttpStreamingFragMaxAge 60/" /opt/adobe/ams/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf

sed -i "s/ HLSTSSegmentMaxAge -1/HLSTSSegmentMaxAge 60/" /opt/adobe/ams/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf

/opt/adobe/ams/amsmgr adminserver stop

/opt/adobe/ams/amsadmin -console -user toprankwrestling (then asks for new password)

/opt/adobe/ams/amsmgr adminserver start

/opt/adobe/ams/amsmgr server ams restart

All the commands go through without error. But, then when I try to use ams admin console:

http://(ip Address).compute-1.amazonaws.com/ams_adminConsole.htm

and enter server ip:1111, user name, password- it just says invalid User name and password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2014 Apr 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. By default all the files inside conf folder have ownership as am:ams...IMHO, that step should not be required...BTW, can you confirm if that is indeed the case

2. After executing /opt/adobe/ams/amsadmin -console -user toprankwrestling command, can you check if Users.xml has new salted hash of the password in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot access user.xml what should I use as command instructions to view?

Also conf folder have ownership as" am:ams "  where do I add this to get the above commands to work?

I have even used cp commands to try to update conf files.

Is there an easier way to unlock the folder access?  several key folders are locked and will not allow simple sftp with filezilla ssh.

Mainly mnt/webroot  and  /opt/adobe/ams/conf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best you can do as of now is to change the group of "amsadmin"  user from wheel(current) to ams.

HOWEVER if you change group for amsadmin user you will no longer be able to issue sudo command..so you have to be very careful with this...

First step is to go and update /etc/sudoers.d/ams_sudoers_list and give sudo privileges to amsadmin user(instead of the entire wheel group) or atleast add amsadmin user explicitly to the list of users who can do sudo.

Then change the group-id of amsadmin to ams.You can use following command to change group for "amsadmin" user.

% sudo usermod -a -G ams amsadmin

% sudo usermod --gid ams amsadmin

or else

% sudo newgrp amsadmin

You will have to change it and then logout and login again.

Message was edited by: hparmar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

amsadmin has sudo enable by default.

I used

chown ams:ams /opt/adobe/ams/conf/ams.ini as

chown amsadmin:ams /opt/adobe/ams/conf/ams.ini

it gave no errors, but no updates happend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure amsadmin has sudo enabled but it is because it has wheel group as its default group and sudoers file lists wheel group as sudo enabled...if you remove wheel group from amsadmin user, then amsadmin will loose its sudo privilege, hence you have to explicitly add amsadmin as having sudo privilege

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really my main problem is I need to be able to access "mnt/webroot" folder through filezilla(windows ftp client using ssh)

also to access "/opt/adobe/ams/conf" the ftp client

I try to use this in advance data section when creating the amazon ec2 instance, but it only works in amazon ami 5.0.3 and not in newer amazon ami 5.0.4.

Because of this I am unable to update cross domain policies or manifest.xml,

I have only been able to add folders to the sftp://amsadmin@[ip address]/mnt/applications

#!/bin/bash

sed -i "s/^SERVER.ADMIN_USERNAME.*=/SERVER.ADMIN_USERNAME = toprankwrestling/" /opt/adobe/ams/conf/ams.ini

sed -i "s/^SERVER.ADMINSERVER_HOSTPORT.*=/SERVER.ADMINSERVER_HOSTPORT = :1111/" /opt/adobe/ams/conf/ams.ini

chown ams:ams /opt/adobe/ams/conf/ams.ini

sed -i "s/HttpStreamingFragMaxAge -1/HttpStreamingFragMaxAge 60/" /opt/adobe/ams/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf

sed -i "s/ HLSTSSegmentMaxAge -1/HLSTSSegmentMaxAge 60/" /opt/adobe/ams/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf

/opt/adobe/ams/amsmgr adminserver stop

echo "vetba8gf" | /opt/adobe/ams/amsadmin -console -user toprankwrestling

/opt/adobe/ams/amsmgr adminserver start

cat > /mnt/webroot/crossdomain.xml <<EOFF

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<cross-domain-policy>

<site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="master-only" />

<allow-access-from domain="*.osmf.org" />

<allow-access-from domain="*.adobe.com" />

</cross-domain-policy>

EOFF

chown ams:ams /mnt/webroot/crossdomain.xml

/opt/adobe/ams/amsmgr server ams restart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you do what i stated earlier and then if you do not get results, i will ask answer further....Secondly if you want to use sftp client, you will have to copy the files to home folder and then login into machine and individually copy the files(using sudo cp ) to appropriate directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using:

cp mnt/application/livech1/Manifest.xml  /mnt/webroot

says:

no file exists  what is correct format to move file?

Thank you for other responses, I am not versed enough in command prompts to get to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sudo cp <src-file-path> <dest-file-path>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get -bash syntax error unexpected token '<'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

=> http://www.tutorialspoint.com/unix/

Else give me a temporary access to your aws machine, and i will set it up for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok.

I first placed a created file with sftp to: /home/amsadmin folder then,

I used:

sudo cp filename.xxx /locationfolder/

in my case:

sudo cp file.xml /mnt/webroot/

would not work without first or last "/"

Thank you.

I will have to readdress being able to use the ams console server in another thread.

This thread became more about moving files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines