• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black blank screen appears when unlocking iOS screen

Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am developing and Adobe Air application for iOS. I have the following issue. If I have my app open and lock my iPad and then unlock my device, I see a black blank screen instead of my application contents. In order to make the app work again, I need to press the home button, and press the app icon again. Then the application appears fine from the point I had left it before locking the device.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? I use Adobe Air for iOS 3.8

Thanks a lot.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

I have seen this with Android, but not on iOS. It could happen there too, so maybe the same fix would work?

If you’re using GPU render mode and the system needs to clear out GPU memory for some reason, Flash doesn’t notice that, and so won’t refresh the graphics.

An easy solution is to set the stage quality. What I do now is on deactivate I set it to one value, and on activate I set it to a different value. In my case I want the quality to be “low” when the app is running, so on deactivate I set i

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this with Android, but not on iOS. It could happen there too, so maybe the same fix would work?

If you’re using GPU render mode and the system needs to clear out GPU memory for some reason, Flash doesn’t notice that, and so won’t refresh the graphics.

An easy solution is to set the stage quality. What I do now is on deactivate I set it to one value, and on activate I set it to a different value. In my case I want the quality to be “low” when the app is running, so on deactivate I set it to “medium”, and on activate I set it to “low". That’s enough to force Flash to reload the graphics to the GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

That helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2014 Apr 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have a similar issue with AIR4.0 in my android app: The screen keeps black after a screen-lock. Unfortunately toggling the stage-quality doesn´t fix it...

For testing purpose, I turn on auto-orientation: After changing the orientation, the screen will be rendered properly. So I think, it might be a context-related issue, didn´t it? (I also tried to change the stage-orientation, but it didm´t fix it as well)

Does anyone has an idea!?

Bests,

Uli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix it:

I tried this ANE http://forum.starling-framework.org/topic/ane-fix-for-blackblank-screen-bug-when-returning-to-air-an...

After some testing I noticed, that the mentioned manifest-flag "<containsVideo>true</containsVideo>" does the job for me on his own...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious that you fixed an iOS problem with an Android ANE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven´t had a iOS-Problem - it´s an android app!

But I also I didn´t need the ANE at all - so I guess it might help other users...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was distracted by the topic title!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines