• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 12.0.0.38 SCUP problem en-US

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imported the new flash 12.0.0.38 active x catalog today and published it to our WSUS server. Clients are able to detect the update and install it correctly, however they continue to detect needing that update. I think there is something missing from the detection part of the SCUP catalog as WSUS does not realize the computer already has 12.0.0.38 installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Hello,

An updated SCUP catalog has been posted to the distribution page, http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html.

We apologize for the inconvinience this created within your orgainization.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon further review, it appears that the SCUP catalog is referencing a registry key in the Installable Rules section that does not get created by the flash installer.

Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions does not contain a DWORD key with the name 12.0

The installer appears to be modifying the 11.0 key and setting it to 38 when it should be creating a 12.0 key and setting it to 38.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem at my site.  Thanks for the detailed info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 15, 2014 Jan 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I modified the "Installable Rules" and the "Installed Rules" in SCUP.

It checks, if the REG_SZ key with name "Version" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\FlashPlayerActiveX\ exists, and has a value "12.0.0.38"

Now it works fine.Névtelen.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also changed Installable Rules for Windows Version to <= Windows 7 SP1 so as to prevent it from being offered on Windows 8 and Server 2012 and above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

Thank you for reporting this.  We are investigating.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding another voice to the issue, it’s occurring for me as well.

I’m going to de-approve the update temporarily till an update is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Furthermore why they still using Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SaferVersions, the detection logic of Flash Plugin is using Macromedia\FlashPlayerPlugin for the rules and there is Macromedia\FlashPlayerActivex key too, seems to be more convenient to use this, and would check the version of the Flash.ocx and NPSWF*.dll too.

Seems a bit like they wanted to Macromedia\FlashPlayerActivex but forgot to change the rule, either way, no tests have been done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing the detection key is missing, is to not offer the product to users with debug builds.

Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayerActiveX -> isScriptDebugger = 0

Alos, it sure would be nice if the MSI based installer would support the same things the EXE installer does, namely -au 2 , to stop the installation of the automatic update service. Since I'm handling the distro of it, why would I even bother installing another update distro service? Yes I can set the mms, but since I know I'll never need/use it, why even install it 😕

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3198151

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3654025

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

An updated SCUP catalog has been posted to the distribution page, http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html.

We apologize for the inconvinience this created within your orgainization.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Maria!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm having the same issue at my organization. I downloaded the updated SCUP catalog and imported the update again, but the computers here are still showing the update as needed and then failing to install it. Yes, they did successfully install the bad update once, does this mean I will need to go through and reinstall or how should I handle this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi austinian,

If Flash Player is installed correctly the systems shouldn't be showing as needing the update.  Something else could be causing this behaviour.

Can you please send me the following items and we'll investigate further:

• The AdobeFlashPlayerCatalog_SCUP.cab file you downloaded from adobe.com (to verify that the updated file did download, instead of a previous file)
  • SCUP deployment log file
  • FlashInstall.log file from an impacted system:
    • On 32-bit OS, located at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
    • On 64-bit OS, located at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash

Unfortunately, attachments aren't allowed in the forums.  You can either upload the files to some location of your choosing and send me the download URL, or follow the instructions here to use workspaces.acrobat.com to upload the files to and send me that URL.

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded the new catalog CAB, but still seem to be having the same issues. Will keep testing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed it myself, similar to radoj81, except I made my rules look exacty like the plugin browser version 12.0.0.45. Changed version numbers to 12.0.0.38, and regkey paths to FlashPlayerActiveX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the requested items:

And here's something extra, the update package generated by the deployment:

https://workspaces.acrobat.com/?d=tWtsC66AxQ-BSkf1EFOlMg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dudeness44,

The updated catalog, posted yesterday, had the rules updated for the ActiveX to use the equivalent version entry that the Plugin uses.  If the catalog you downloaded doesn't have the updated rules, there could be a caching issue somewhere.  In case it is a caching issue on our servers, we've cleared the cache on the servers again, hopefully it'll propagate correctly throughout.

@austinian,

Thank you for providing the files.  I confirmed that you are downloading the updated catalog, however, the XML file in the 'update package generated by the deployment' attachment you included still has the old rule, not the new one.  Please be sure the XML in the package generated by the deployment contains the new rules.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I reimported the update again and now the rules are correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that it worked for you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, one last question. So, after updating the catalog and confirming that the rules for the update are correct, I have a lot of computers still reporting that the update is not installed, but also that it is not needed, but that the update failed on those computers, because it got installed using the old one first. Now the computers no longer ask to install the update, and they have the latest ActiveX version of Flash Player installed, it's just weird that the update is not being detected as installed. Should I just ignore this as a fluke and wait and see what happens with the next patch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't done so since importing the revised catalog then choose "Publish" for the update and choose to publish the metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall what I did, maybe I republished the update on Tuesday, but I'm not seeing widespread reports of errors or computers that are failing to detect that they need the update (when they actually do) anymore! Issue is solved entirely for me now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem is now happening with the latest 12.0.0.44 release. Clients are able to detect the update and install it correctly, however they continue to detect needing that update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

A fix is in the works and a new catalog should be posted within an hour.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The updated catalog has been posted.  We apologize for this inconvenience.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines