Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DOC file imported to RoboHelp 9 is not divided into topics

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I want to generate CHM help file from the DOC file. So, what I have already done:

1. Remove all useless images and text in DOC (document covers, headings and footers, etc.)
  2. Verify that headings are applied correctly to the DOC topics (H1, H2, H3...).
  3. Create new project in RoboHelp 9 and import this DOC file.

Results:

Entire DOC file is imported to a single RoboHelp topic.... It was not divided into separate topics, regarding headings set in DOC.

The only thing I can do now is to create topics manually, and copy-paste the text into these topics..

As far as I remember some previous RoboHelp version allowed to set option like this: create separate topics in accordance with heading applied in Word or import the DOC into single topic..

Please, help me

Thanks,

Olga

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Normally when you are importing from Word, you see an intermediate dialog. On that dialog you need to click the Edit button to configure the properties of the import, such as Pagination. The dialog should first look like this:

tmp1.png

Click the Next button and you then should see this:

tmp2.png

Then click the Edit button to see the configuraion settings:

tmp3.png

Expand the Paragraph section and choose Heading 1, then enable Pagination.

Once you do this, assuming you have used Heading 1 styling in the Word doc, you should now get separate topics.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

I'm too inattentive... I didn't notice this option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL, Been there, done that and have the tshirt!

tmp1.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp