• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forum upgrade

LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2014 Apr 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I didn't see it mentioned in here (probably missed it), I just saw this in the Dreamweaver forum posted by a staff member.

OT: Forums will be offline on April 09

Edit: Well, hopefully they fix the insert link function. Here's the direct link: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1445292?tstart=0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do better than the links you have provided thus far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL. Now it looks like they pulled that post from the staff member.

Must have been super-secret and he let it out of the bag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically it said the forums were getting upgrades on the 9th starting around 1:00AM Pacific time.

I went back to look and yes, they pulled the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Initially the plan was to have an upgrade on 26th March 2014 but it seems keeping to these schedules is also getting impossible for Jive.  What next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

graffiti,

It is unpulled here:

http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. I'm NOT crazy. Well...

I hardly ever hit that page so didn't notice it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never go there, graffiti; except for today when I was referred to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The actual message was something like this:

The forums will have a downtime this Wednesday, April 9th (1am PT) as we upgrade the system from our current Jive 4.5 implementation to their latest offering, Jive 7.0. We will be redirecting customers to @AdobeCare and other social channels for support.

Does this sound right to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does, mytaxsite (but I never go to the Dreamweaver forum either).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you probably all noticed, after some 24 hours downtime the forum is back to exactly where it was before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum's gone weird for me. Some go to https and then throw an error message when I post. Anyone else having problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, others are reporting some issues and error messages. The 'old' 4.5 software ran on http, the new site (briefly) ran on https and will do when it finally launches. I suspect some of the URL rewriting is still attempting to send you to the secure version.

Yammer wrote:

The forum's gone weird for me. Some go to https and then throw an error message when I post. Anyone else having problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not just me then.

For a while, I seemed to be getting different views to everyone else. I think this was a legacy of a previous version of the foum software, which enabled you to choose your default view. They removed the control, but the setting prevailed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround for the redirection:

I have updated my bookmark, appending ?view=discussions

Edit: spoke too soon. Whenever I load the Camera Raw forum from a widget link, it flips to https and the layout goes to pot. Every other forum is fine. Drat, and double drat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So did anything actually happen? Looks the same to me and of course, the log-in feature still hasn't been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The planned upgrade did not deploy for technical reasons.

No date has been agreed for the next attempt, but it will be announced on the forums homepage.

FYI the login bug (not staying signed in) is unrelated to the Jive upgrade so it was never expected to be fixed yesterday - it's an issue with the Adobe.com 'single sign on' code that verifies your AdobeID, and that's being handled by a totally different team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, there's no damage? that's great news! or was anyone expecting improvements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this possibly to do with the "HeartBleed" OpenSSL issue?

I imagine Adobe is pretty sensitive about losing security data yet again.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2014 Apr 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This upgrade was planned about two weeks ago. Originally, it was supposed to take place on 26th but for reasons not known, it didn't happen.

April 9th attempt also failed so I suspect, the next attempt will be next week when these forums are likely to be less busy. Easter is coming and enjoy while you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2014 Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing whatsoever to do with heartbleed. The servers running www.adobe.com and forums.adobe.com are immune to the bug - the forums site doesn't even run under SSL yet!

Noel Carboni wrote:

Is this possibly to do with the "HeartBleed" OpenSSL issue?

I imagine Adobe is pretty sensitive about losing security data yet again.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2014 Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It switches to https during the login process, doesn't it?  That implies SSL is involved with the Adobe servers somewhere.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe.com uses SSL for some pages (AdobeID login and account admin), but that's in no way related to the Jive updates. Jive runs on a different network and the sign-in process hands you out to non-SSL pages (using cookies to authenticate your session). The new version - SBS7 - will run under SSL, but of course it'll be immune, and there's no historical risk since you guys haven't even seen it yet.

Some of Adobe's cloud services (not these forums) use the AWS cloud computing network with elastic load balancers. Amazon did confirm that ELBs were affected by heartbleed, however Adobe has not yet announced that users should take any action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines