• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kindle Fire video obscures UI elements in AIR app

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2014 Apr 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just logged a bug with an AIR app on the Kindle Fire HD (8.9 inch) and possibly other Kindle devices, where the video window obscures UI elements in some cases.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3741721

@Adobe: Please let me know if you are able to repro this.

Thanks,

- Abey

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link to the bug base doesn’t work. Can you describe minimum steps to show the problem? I have a Kindle Fire HDX I can try them on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd. I just tried the link and it seems to work. I have the repro app attached to the bug.

Are you able to get to the attachment directly ?

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=file.view&id=3741721&seqNum=1&name=VideoUrlBug%2Efxp

To create a repro project on your own do this:

1. Create an app with a StageVideo based player

2. Overlay a few controls (like Flex buttons on top of the video window)

3. Add a button/link to launch a url in the device browser using navigateToURL.

4. Play the video, then launch the browser window from the app....return to the app and resume playback and you should see the video window obscuring the UI elements.

Steps to repro from the bug pasted below.

1. Install the attached app VideoUrlBug.apk on a Kindle Fire HD 8.9 inch(model: KFJWI)

2. Run the app and enter a valid URL to a stream(RTMP/HDS/MP4) in the first enabled text field and press "Play".

3. The video should playback. Note that the UI renders correctly on top of the video window.

4. Click the "Launch" button to launch a web page on the device browser.

5. Return to the app using the back button in the Kindle OS navigation tray.

6. Select Play to resume playback. Note that the video window now obscures the UI elements, which is incorrect.

Actual Result:

In Step 6, the video window obscures the UI elements.

Expected Result:

In Step 6, the UI elements should render on top of the video window, just like it does in Step 4

Thanks,

- Abey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attachment you gave was to a Flash Catalyst project, and I can’t remember how to get those in to Flash Builder! And as the bug base page still shows an error message I can’t get the APK to try that. If you are able to put the APK online somewhere I can directly install that on to the Kindle Fire.

Meanwhile, one thought I had was that the display objects may have been cleared from GPU memory, and AIR would have no way to know that had happened, and so would not redraw them. You can solve that sort of problem by changing the stage quality. Here’s how my activate and deactivate functions look:

private function fl_Activate(event: Event = null): void {

stage.quality = "low";

}

private function fl_Deactivate(event: Event): void {

stage.quality = "medium";

}

Just toggling the stage quality is enough to force a redraw of the GPU textures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you PM me your email ? I can send you the APK directly,

- Abey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion to force GPU redraw. That worked!

Much appreciated.

- Abey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On further testing the suggested solution (toggle stage quality) does not seem to work consistently.

It works the firstime, but then does not fix the issue on subsequent attempts.

- Abey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not able to view my own bug pages either, and doing a search leads to Cold Fusion errors. I think they have some problems!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines