• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"RoboHelp has stopped working" error

Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had replied to pgcalc's post with this but since it is a different error I am getting, decided to start a new thread.

I have:

-new Windows 7 machine

-Word 2010

-RoboHelp for Word 10

But when I try to open an .hpj  - obviously, these were created in older versions of RoboHelp - I have no idea which version, originally, but the last work on the project was done in RoboHelp 7 or 8 -  I get the message "RoboHelp has stopped working."

Here's what I have done so far:

I noticed that the RoboHelp templates were not installed in the default Word templates folder like they usually are. So I copied all the templates from C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 10\RoboHELP\WordTemp\en_US\Word11 to C:\Users\[yours truly]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates. Still no luck.

Any advice?

Thank you,

Sandy

Message was edited by: sdryer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2014 Apr 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given Rh will not open any project and the templates were missing, it looks rather like an installation issue. Did you install with admin rights?

If you did and if a second attempt fails, then I think the advice has to be the same as in the other thread, contact Adobe Support.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I have re-installed the application and am still getting that RoboHelp has stopped working. The curious thing about this is that the program runs fine under an administrator account. Once you use a user account that has administrator priveledges you have the problem. This is now an issue with 2 seperate installs getting the same error message. The faulting module is also a piece of Microsoft C++ Redistributable packages. Doesnt give the year or version in event viewer.

Edit: I have re-create the user profile, ran as administrator, re-installed the product and even tried running the save robohelp files from a directory where the user has full control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could help you but everything you are saying is telling me that this needs Adobe on the case.

It's an install error so the call should be free.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you would mind opening Rh HTML and opening a sample project to see if the same thing happens there. It might tell Adobe something and it might help me with another thread.

In Rh HTML, click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

Thanks.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened the project in Rh HTML and they open. Didnt try the sample one though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I tried opening the Global Site Consult sample from the Starter window and at first it seemed like it wasn't opening. It did nothing for a while, so I tried opening a new blank project and then the Global Site Consult project opened on top of it. Now I can access the sample from the Starter window with no problem. - Sandy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for opening the Rh sample. You have confused me though as you say "the project" which sounds like your project but your project is a Rh for Word project.

In the root is there an hpj or an xpj or both?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no .xpj file. Problem is that this software does not run under any account except administrator. I have found that installing word 2007 standalone resolves the bulk of the problems with opening the files. Now I just need to get this software running under user accounts that have admin privs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you were trying to run Rh for Word without a copy of Word installed, correct?

It used to be the case that Word had to be installed before Rh. That is no longer true of Rh HTML but it may be true of Rh for Word. Try completely uninstalling RH using something like RevoUninstaller to completely clean up. It's free and lots of people have found it helps uninstall Rh.

Beyond that, sorry but as I have indicated, it's Adobe Support and it's free for installation issues.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp